Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your first impressions, from this sample?
I loved it, can't wait for August 31st! 0 0%
I think it's good, might buy it sometime. 3 42.86%
Not bad, but not my taste. 0 0%
Didn't really like it. 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson

Tor is giving us a sample (Prelude + Prologue + Cahpters 1 - 3) of the next book by Bradon Sanderson: The Way of Kings.

I took the liberty to copy/paste everything and convert to mobi, epub and PDF, as I hate reading from a webpage.

But you can read it from the source going to here:

http://www.tor.com/index.php?utm_sou...story&id=59427

[These conversions have not been approved by the publisher and have been removed - Moderator]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-18-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Anyone who has read the sample cares to leave his/her opinion? I'm just waiting to finish one of the books I'm reading to read the sample.

I have high hopes for this, so the 4 nay sayers make me worry a bit.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It appears the link does not work. At least it doesn't take me to a story. Just some blog post about sex.
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I think i found it here: http://www.tor.com/wok/

But you have to register to read it...
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
DarthV
Enthusiast
DarthV began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
He's one of the bright new stars of fantasy, but I never buy books when they are first released. If I did, I'd be broke!
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I read one of his books when it was released as a freebie by Tor some time ago. Unfortunately the whole thing (about a dozen Tor books given away as ebook freebies) gave me a rather low opinion of the quality of Tor books. His (book 1 of Mistborn) was not the worst, but not one of the best either. I don't feel moved to register at Tor to see more, I'm afraid

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 06-19-2010 at 05:47 AM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote