Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #76
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Oh DA.N! Does this mean I have to go buy some device that uses TapaTalk? Which one?

How is TapaTalk different from DragonDictate???
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #77
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just had a talk with the Surpeme Power that be. Tapatalk is coming to MobileRead. Stay tuned!
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #78
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Oh DA.N! Does this mean I have to go buy some device that uses TapaTalk? Which one?

Dragon Dictate is a speech recognition program for Mac. TapaTalk is an app for accessing online forums from mobile devices.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #79
scarter
scarter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just had a talk with the Surpeme Power that be. Tapatalk is coming to MobileRead. Stay tuned!
Very glad to hear the news. This is the only forum I visit at all regularly that's not accessible via Tapatalk. FWIW, I use Tapatalk on my Kindle Fire and it works very well.
scarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #80
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is there TapaTalk for T1? ;D

Hmm, maybe I should get around getting it for my mobile...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #81
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post

The New iPad
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #82
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Perfect, looking forward to it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #83
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
So if I access MobileRead from my android tablet, and I don't access it through Tapatalk, I'm going to get that annoying pop-up that goes something like "This forum has an app for this android device. Click OK to learn more about Tapatalk."?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #84
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
So if I access MobileRead from my android tablet, and I don't access it through Tapatalk, I'm going to get that annoying pop-up that goes something like "This forum has an app for this android device. Click OK to learn more about Tapatalk."?
I believe you should see that popup only once, and then when you acknowledge it, it should store your setting in a cookie (if your browser is setup to accept cookies). Not 100% certain though.

We're currently evaluating various options. Apparently we have more freedom in deciding how Tapatalk would behave here if we go for a premium Tapatalk solution.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #85
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I believe you should see that popup only once, and then when you acknowledge it, it should store your setting in a cookie (if your browser is setup to accept cookies). Not 100% certain though.

We're currently evaluating various options. Apparently we have more freedom in deciding how Tapatalk would behave here if we go for a premium Tapatalk solution.
Okay, thanks.

Although I do have a proclivity to clear cache and cookies. Maybe I can set up some exceptions.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #86
troymc
Groupie
troymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enoughtroymc will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 + B&N Nook + Motion LE1700 + Motorola Xoom Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Wait. So your solution for those of us who do not want anything to do with Tapatalk, is that *we* have to allow Tapatalk to install a tracking cookie in our browsers?

So, basically, in the future MobileRead will be a Tapatalk-only site. *Everyone* will be required to either use Tapatalk, be forced to carry a Tapatalk cookie or have to endure Tapatalk pop-ups?

Did I miss anything?

Troy
troymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #87
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Did I miss anything?
A lot

browsers means browsers(like chrome, firefox, dolphin, opera, ...etc) not the Tapatalk application
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #88
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Wonderful!
My father passed away a little while ago. As many people of his generation he wasn't interested in this "internet fad" so there is no connection at his place. I'm going over there a few times a week to clean up, throw away and generally reminisce. My only connection to the wired world is through wireless 3G in my Galaxy Note.
I'm on a few other boards dealing with other interests, some of those I can access using Tapatalk. It is soo much easier than the Android browser. Tapatalk is optimized for the format of your device, not the forum. As always, a great bunch of moderators here. As soon as it is implemented I will change my signature line.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #89
briefer666
briefer666 began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Wait. So your solution for those of us who do not want anything to do with Tapatalk, is that *we* have to allow Tapatalk to install a tracking cookie in our browsers?

So, basically, in the future MobileRead will be a Tapatalk-only site. *Everyone* will be required to either use Tapatalk, be forced to carry a Tapatalk cookie or have to endure Tapatalk pop-ups?

Did I miss anything?
The end is nigh!
briefer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #90
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
The popup is easily disabled server-side, and a more elegant solution as a user option is said to be upcoming.

I'm beyond grateful for it, as most days, I can't participate and hardly navigate MR, and it's my favorite forum. Tapatalk is a godsend, accessibility-wise.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote