Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Pocket.....on the Kobo any device

So just curious about who is using Pocket and how they like it so far?

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post

regards

Jack
So far, so good. One note is that since the Pocket integration seems to be tied to the new GUI, I doubt that it will be available to Touch/Mini users.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 10-19-2013 at 09:54 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Works like a charm on the Aura HD. It really just brings more value to a device that was already top notch.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
It works just fine for me on the Aura HD. I mean, it lets me read my saved pocket articles. It doesn't really do anything other than that but that's all I expect it to do. It does it well.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
My only challenge with Pocket has been realizing it will only sync "clips" that are of type Article, and at times, it's hard to understand why some clips do NOT become articles!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Anyone tried it on the Glo? I would be willing to try it.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
Anyone tried it on the Glo? I would be willing to try it.
I've tried it on my Glo - works like a charm for me.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post

regards

Jack
I have it and love it! I use it for articles and also for fan fic.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
So far, so good. One note is that since the Pocket integration seems to be tied to the new GUI, I doubt that it will be available to Touch/Mini users.
I'm pretty sure it will be, but it might not be in the next firmware release. I think they are still working on the interface for the lower resolution devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm pretty sure it will be, but it might not be in the next firmware release. I think they are still working on the interface for the lower resolution devices.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
Woek
Woek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenWoek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Glo
Good to see some of the Glo's actually have the update. I was starting to get sceptical. Haven't received it on mine yet, but I'll be patient :-)
Woek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woek View Post
Good to see some of the Glo's actually have the update. I was starting to get sceptical. Haven't received it on mine yet, but I'll be patient :-)
Other than the beta testers, the people checking out 2.9.0 on Aura HDs and Glos are downloading the firmware for the Aura and then using the KoboRoot.tgz file to update their ereader.

So far, most seem to be happy with the results.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
It works very well. Also of note, after you login to your Pocket account, you can save pages from the web browser to Pocket
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #14
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O
I use it on Glo and AuraHD, I like it very much!
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #15
fuli42
fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.fuli42 knows what's going on.

Device: Bokeen Odyssey, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx M96, Onyx i86
I use it on the Aura HD. It's like printing out the whole internet!

Two remarks:
- The article tags are not yet implemented on the Kobo
- Links within the articles are recognised and you can either open them in Kobo's browser or add them directly to Kobo.

I'm really loving this. Pocket integration is why I choose the Kobo. I love that I can read my articles without any distractions and concentration problems that I get on my laptop screen.
fuli42 is offline   Reply With Quote