Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #166
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Same here; nothing after my initial three.

My expectations for this process weren't very high, but was keeping my fingers crossed that B&N might just grant me access to an error-corrected version of The Lord of the Rings, because Fictionwise never incorporated the updates that the other vendors did...
My Fictionwise single volume LotR Secure Mobipocket did get updated with the corrections.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #167
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
I received my email from eReader.com on Monday morning and immediately went to the link to have my eReader bookshelf moved to B&N. So far I haven't received the email with the code to get the books into my B&N account. I have 113 books on my shelf and only two of them are listed as being unavailable. Gives me hope that I'll be able to get most of my old library delivered in ePub. I really don't want to have to strip and convert them all, but I'll do whatever books don't make it to my Nook account.

So, how long is it taking to get the reply email with the code?

Thanks very much.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #168
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
So, how long is it taking to get the reply email with the code?
I haven't heard of anyone who got that message about waiting to get a code actually getting it yet. It's anyone's guess. Especially with the holiday upon us.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #169
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I haven't heard of anyone who got that message about waiting to get a code actually getting it yet. It's anyone's guess. Especially with the holiday upon us.
A number of us did, I think - I know I did. But only a handful of books actually transferred (and both are broken) when I redeemed it.
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #170
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
A number of us did, I think - I know I did. But only a handful of books actually transferred (and both are broken) when I redeemed it.
I know some folks got a partial transfer, but my impression was they didn't get a "wait until the week of x date for a code" message". I assumed that was new. I haven't heard of anyone, like myself, who got that message, actually getting a transfer code.

Did you get a message like that first?
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #171
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My Fictionwise single volume LotR Secure Mobipocket did get updated with the corrections.
Really? I need to go back and check the book itself, because the pub date attached to mine never changed.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #172
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Really? I need to go back and check the book itself, because the pub date attached to mine never changed.
There's a publication date in the books' "front matter". Mine says MARCH 2009. This is in the copyright section which is actually at the back of the book.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:15 PM   #173
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Marseilles View Post
I know some folks got a partial transfer, but my impression was they didn't get a "wait until the week of x date for a code" message". I assumed that was new. I haven't heard of anyone, like myself, who got that message, actually getting a transfer code.

Did you get a message like that first?
Alas, I can't remember for sure. Sorry!
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #174
Marseille
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATimson View Post
Alas, I can't remember for sure. Sorry!
No worries. They just promised it would come this week, and with the holidays I wonder if they'll actually get around to it. I don't want to miss the code, even though I have backed my library up.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #175
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I have 156 books on eReader.com, and re-downloaded a couple and noticed that some are slightly different in size to the originals (10 or 15 bytes or so), so I tried to re-download them all.

For two books, "A Child's History Of England" and "Time [Manifold Series Book 1]", I get redirected from the eReader.com bookshelf page to a fictionwise page that says "There was an error connecting to the download server. Please try again later.". This same error has occurred over the last two days, and only happens on those two books, and always happens with those two books.

Has anyone else seen anything similar? Based on other posts here, I'm not sure I'd get any response from BN support.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #176
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I have 156 books on eReader.com, and re-downloaded a couple and noticed that some are slightly different in size to the originals (10 or 15 bytes or so), so I tried to re-download them all.

For two books, "A Child's History Of England" and "Time [Manifold Series Book 1]", I get redirected from the eReader.com bookshelf page to a fictionwise page that says "There was an error connecting to the download server. Please try again later.". This same error has occurred over the last two days, and only happens on those two books, and always happens with those two books.

Has anyone else seen anything similar? Based on other posts here, I'm not sure I'd get any response from BN support.

Cheers,
Simon.
If you want "A Child's History of England", Simon, there's a nicely-formatted version right here in the MR library.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #177
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
There's a publication date in the books' "front matter". Mine says MARCH 2009. This is in the copyright section which is actually at the back of the book.
Sure enough, mine too. Is this the "best" version out there?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #178
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Has anyone else still not received the first email from Fictionwise or eReader? I'm still waiting and I'm going to both sites to try and contact support.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #179
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I haven't received an email about the transfer, but that's probably because I'm in the UK. Does your Fictionwise account have your country as USA?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #180
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've checked my profile and everything is set correctly. I haven't received an email from Fictionwise or eReader since I ran out of Micropay.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote