Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1156
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Unhappy Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
try with this one: Attachment 106256
I haved downloaded this one and replaced the older one.
The both items come out!

First, I tried to run the item 'enable duokan',
I found it created the file 'Duokan_No' in the root.

Then,I tried to run the item 'disable duokan,'
the file 'duokan_no' was deleted.

Third,I tried to run the item 'switch to duokan'
Unlucky,I found it didn't work even if I wait for a long time.
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #1157
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
enable duokan':'Duokan_No' in the root.

'disable duokan,': 'duokan_no' was deleted.
it should be in other way, I did a mistake; this one "should" work:DuokanLauncher-K5PW.zip

delete the DUOKAN_NO file and try this.

Last edited by thomass; 05-26-2013 at 03:02 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2013, 03:28 AM   #1158
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavant View Post
I apologize if this is not the correct forum in which to post these questions; please redirect me if that is the case.
this is the right place

Quote:
First, is there any way to do collection view of books? I have an awful lot of items on my kindle, and collections are pretty necessary...
you can add labels and sort according to them.
you can sort according to folder structure

on the main page on the upper-right side there is an option to choose this (like the original system) and default is "read"
If you can send a picture of the main page I can show this on it also

Quote:
Second, how does one follow links in hypertext-enabled ebooks? In the native Kindle software, one just clicks on the link and is provided with the option, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do it at all on DK...
AFAIR this feature is included. when you try to highlight a word there could be an option to follow the link.

Quote:
Third, I followed the instructions on the updated original post to install dictionaries, but it doesn't seem to have worked - as a specific experiment, I tried installing the Jargon File and searching for the word "grok", but no results were found. Are there further steps needed than just the ones listed above?
just to be clear: it is not \DK_System\Lite\res\dict but \DK_System\xKindle\res\dict
you already have this folder.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #1159
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hi!

I make duokan's theme:

Danbo:

Dolphin:

Flower:

Butterfly:

Chess:

Egypt:

Back to the Future: Delorean:

Last edited by Kobudera; 05-27-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1160
yann.m
yann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Mini; Kindle PW Duokan
Cover mode gride size

Hi,

I updated to the 2013-05-17 version after skipping a couple of releases. In cover mode the grid has changed from 4x3 to 3x2. Is this hardcoded or is there a setting for this somewhere?

I really, really, don't like the new layout. That's only 6 books per page -- it takes too long to find the books I want. (Yeah, the cover pictures are clearer but I don't think it is a good trade-off.)

Y

Last edited by yann.m; 05-28-2013 at 07:40 AM.
yann.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #1161
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I have the same problem as Richy1989, but for me it only started after installing an update. When I type start duokan in kterm, I get
duokan start/running, process 4360.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #1162
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
I have the same problem as Richy1989, but for me it only started after installing an update. When I type start duokan in kterm, I get
duokan start/running, process 4360.
OK, I'll send a feedback to Duokan Team about this. Also need to know whether the script for Kindle 4 is working. If I get an answer I'll share here.
could you try this command also:
Quote:
/etc/init.d/DK_run
Old 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #1163
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
/etc/init.d/DK_run
That doesn't give an error message, but it doesn't do anything even with a reboot.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #1164
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hi!

DuoKan r2.3 language txt:
English.txt
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:47 AM   #1165
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
That doesn't give an error message, but it doesn't do anything even with a reboot.
I got a response to my feedback email which told me to use this command for K5/PW:
Code:
stop x
/etc/init.d/DK_run
Unfortunately I can't try myself since don't have it installed on mine.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:08 AM   #1166
icantbebothered
Penguin

Quote:
I got a response to my feedback email which told me to use this command for K5/PW:
Code:
stop x
/etc/init.d/DK_run
Unfortunately I can't try myself since don't have it installed on mine.
I ran that both from kterm and a shell script, but both times it froze my kindle.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #1167
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I ran that both from kterm and a shell script, but both times it froze my kindle.
just to be sure: you shouldn't have DUOKAN_NO file on the usb root.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #1168
icantbebothered
Penguin

Quote:
just to be sure: you shouldn't have DUOKAN_NO file on the usb root.
I don't.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 AM   #1169
richy1989
Connoisseur
richy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel isrichy1989 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1 & Kindle 4 Black
Smile Thank you for your pay!

Quote:
it should be in other way, I did a mistake; this one "should" work:Attachment 106285

delete the DUOKAN_NO file and try this.
Successfully achieved!
Thank you for your pay!
There is a problem,
Switching between Duokan and kindle OS,
Will cause memory problems?
For example, reflecting slower, etc.
Sometimes use a long time, the speed will slow down。
richy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:44 AM   #1170
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy1989 View Post
Successfully achieved!
Happy to see that.

I don't have any idea about the memory usage.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf