Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 AM   #211
TOPO began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I got the same problem with other conversions... I think comiclrf can't figure out the right width for the document. I works for landscape in the same way that works for regular conversions, so it uses a fixed height for the document instead of a fixed width when working landscape.

Maybe Mr.FangornUK should have a look at it. I think this should work like that:

Regular document:
- With "keep aspect" option it adds left and right borders to the document.
- Without "keep aspect" option the page resizes to 600x800

Wide document:
- Allways mantains the aspect, and no matter how high the page is, the width is allways 800.
TOPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #212
lineager
lineager has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Hi FangornUK,

Is it possible to add "--right to left" parameter to your ComicLrf ?
I know the latest version is Comic2Lrf, but the speed of ComicLrf is faster than Comic2Lrf on my P4 PC...
lineager is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #213
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
lineager, really? by how much? Performance should be about the same as the hefty conversion code is pretty much the same.
I wasn't going to do anymore development on it.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #214
lineager
lineager has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangornUK View Post
lineager, really? by how much? Performance should be about the same as the hefty conversion code is pretty much the same.
I wasn't going to do anymore development on it.
I just feel it make faster than comic2lrf.. I will test both speed later...

Last edited by lineager; 09-29-2008 at 03:11 PM.
lineager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 AM   #215
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Comic2lrf.exe now lets you zoom in on comics, but it seems like it is still converting them to the same resolution as before. Whenever I zoom, the zooms are pixelated and fuzzy. I know the resolution is there in the original cbz file, but the conversion seems to keep the resolution at the portrait mode setting even though it now lets you zoom. Here is the command I am using in XP:

"C:\Program Files\calibre\comic2lrf.exe" "Comic_about_an_aardvark.cbz" -r -w -d -l -a "Comic"
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 12:44 PM   #216
serpentium
eAddictd
serpentium began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505, Iliad Book Edition
i know the name is comiclrf, but...

i know comiclrf means making .lrf files but i switched 2 weeks ago to ILIAD from my sony prs505 and now i cannot read lrf there.
Could you do put an option to make pdf instead of lrf? (i dont know how to send lrf to pdf printer with mac os x)

cheers
serpentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #217
zefeng
zefeng began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
I really enjoy using comiclrf.
To make it better, is it possible to add a parameter to turn off "white edge cutting"? That is, simply treating the width of white edge as zero? When I was using comiclrf, sometimes it is intended to leave white space to express original feelings...
Thank you!
zefeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #218
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Sure, just put a ticket request in here http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/query
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #219
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefeng View Post
I really enjoy using comiclrf.
To make it better, is it possible to add a parameter to turn off "white edge cutting"? That is, simply treating the width of white edge as zero? When I was using comiclrf, sometimes it is intended to leave white space to express original feelings...
Thank you!
I had that when converting some manga, where a white page with a single object would appear once in a while. Putting a border around those specific pages with imagemagick before converting to lrf solved the issue:
Code:
convert -border 2x2 -bordercolor "#000000" old.jpg new.jpg
This is easy to run as part of a batch job, too.

Now if only I could find a convenient way of cropping scanned-in page numbers automatically...

Last edited by acidzebra; 12-29-2008 at 05:55 PM.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #220
zefeng
zefeng began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Many thanks!
acidzebra, try ChainLP.
zefeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #221
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That, my new friend, is one awesome tool. It is a shame that is seems to be windows-only, I can't read the language that it is published in, the zip functionality seems to be broken on my system (I copied unzip32.dll to my system folder but that didn't seem to help), the LRF output seems to get me a non-working LRF but the sequential image output function works great and it seems to detect and remove those pesky page numbers without fail using the option "page revision - novel only".

Definitely a tool to watch. Cheers.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #222
Matt Horne
Matt Horne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Hi,

Been trying this out.. very impressed

I cannot get wildcards to work at all with comic2lrf (the one with calibre)

comic2lrf testcomic*.cbr

Is there anything wrong with the above command line ? I just get a error when it says it cannot find testcomic*.cbr

Cheers

Matt
Matt Horne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #223
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
comiclrf doesn't support batch conversion. Use the GUI for that
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:27 AM   #224
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Horne View Post
Hi,

Been trying this out.. very impressed

I cannot get wildcards to work at all with comic2lrf (the one with calibre)

comic2lrf testcomic*.cbr

Is there anything wrong with the above command line ? I just get a error when it says it cannot find testcomic*.cbr

Cheers

Matt
For batch conversion of all cbz/cbr files in a directory you can make the following .bat file and run it in the directory of files that you want to convert. The reason it creates a temporary file is because using wildcards alone in the command line didn't handle paths with spaces in them very well. Hope this helps:

Code:
cls
dir /b *.cb* > dir.txt
For /F "tokens=* delims=" %%A in (dir.txt) Do call "C:\Program Files\calibre\comic2lrf.exe" "%%A" -w -l -a "Comic"
del dir.txt /F
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #225
Matt Horne
Matt Horne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Thats brilliant Thanks!... its been too long since I have done any msdos batch scripts
Matt Horne is offline   Reply With Quote