Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-26-2023, 01:49 AM   #35716
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Wear head phones, to appear that you are listening to music? It’s said to be the universal signal now, but I don’t know how well it works!
I have to agree that it works pretty well. Wearing my Logitech Pro headphones works well to keep me from being interrupted. I may have snapped and snarled a few times when I first started wearing them but most people now understand that even if the office is on fire, don't bother me until my toes are about to get toasted.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 02:27 PM   #35717
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've tried to convince myself all morning that my tolerance for stupid must be lower today, or something. But I'm done. The levels of stupid in my locale are clearly very elevated today. We're at what I'd call a DUMBCON3. Borderline DUMBCON2. There's just a hell of a lot of dumb going down today.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 04:44 PM   #35718
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The fact that you're entering a place of business that pays a cleaning crew has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not you (or your entourage) should wipe your ice/mud/salt-encrusted boots/shoes on the provided rug before moving past the entrance. Are we animals?!
Old 01-27-2023, 06:44 PM   #35719
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The fact that you're entering a place of business that pays a cleaning crew has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not you (or your entourage) should wipe your ice/mud/salt-encrusted boots/shoes on the provided rug before moving past the entrance. Are we animals?!
We have the opposite problem when there's snow on the ground; some people come into our entryway stamp the snow and ice off their feet and continue on their way.

The last time we had snow/ice we got a couple of those big rubber doormats and put them outside, mostly because the stone tiles outside our building get very slippery, but it also made people clean off the snow off their shoes on those instead in the entryway. I'd rather sweep the doormats outside free of ice and snow than deal with a drenched entryway.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:24 PM   #35720
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'd rather sweep the doormats outside free of ice and snow than deal with a drenched entryway.
I'd rather deal with a drenched entryway then clean up the muddy, salty trail that leads down two sets of stairs, a hallway, across a giant room and into the commercial kitchen. Where they sit down and let the boots continue to drip, drip, drip. All because people want to walk across the yard instead of using the sidewalk.

No matter how many mats I put in their way (inside or out) they just walk across them without wiping.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-27-2023 at 07:28 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM   #35721
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The first night in a new place is always not a good night for me. But this first night on vacation was exceptionally crappy. I think I might have gotten a couple of hours of broken sleep.

It was not helped by the fact that a bird has been singing all night near my cottage. As a city person I'm used to birds being quiet until just before dawn. Tonight I'll put in my earplugs.

It's now almost 6.30am, I'm waiting for the supermarket to open at 8am to get some fresh bread rolls, after that I'll take a shower, eat breakfast and then probably take a nice long nap.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 AM   #35722
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Sigh, Shingles, Day 18...

(Not here for sympathy, I swear it. Just being the Princess Proselytizer of Vaccination...)

So, as some of you may recall, sure 'nuff, I started with the Shingles disease/illness/whatever, on Friday the 13th, apparently (shoulda known...) and was disgnosed with it being acute/severe on the morning of the 17th, January. I posted here about it, urging all of you to get the vax. (Just the Vax, ma'am!)

Anyway...So, a few things. The doctor combo inadvertently tried to kill me, by prescribing a few things together that suppressed my breathing. Hooray, that was fun. Had to cut back on that combo (duh) and while my breathing improved immeasurably, so too did the freshness and brightness of the PAIN. So, now taking even more opiates, with less relief. Hooray for that too, eh.

The rash may or may not have "relapsed," they're checking. It's weird. One half is almost numb to the touch and dry, but beneath the skin is a lava-pit of pain. The other half (rear/back), where the rash is far less "dry," or whatever, is a network of live nerve endings on the skin. I have always been a sucker for exceedingly SOFT clothes, natural fibers, etc. and I'm grateful for that quirk of my personality now, lemme tell ya.

So, thiis is NOT to elicit sympthay, or anything like that. I just wanted to stick my head up again and say to thee that have not yet gone--get thee gone and and getteth your VAX. Tarry not!

I mean, sure, it's only 18 days out of a lifetime, but bygod, these are the longest 18 days of my life. And each day feels like it's a month long--and not that old, "time slows down into Slo-Mo so that we get to enjoy everything to the umpteenth," way, but the whole "let's see if we can waterboard her and make her remain conscious for 48 hours straight" kind of awareness of time...

When I think of my online areas, places and associates, I always think of MR as "the smart ones." So.. you wiseguys, if you have not--please do.

And this has been your Hitch-wrought Public Service Announcement for the Day. Now I'm off to see if I can punch out a remotely comfortable negotiated settlement with my sofa, my down pillows and my cat. (sigh). Probably not. I have a suspicion that the cat is paying off the mediator, because he seems to always win these things...

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:28 AM   #35723
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Huggs … wow, you are still undergoing that! Ugh, ugh, ugh!

To clarify for any others what I posted earlier: since the beginning of this year, Medicare part D is supposed to cover the Shingrix vaccine. Presumably Medicare Advantage plans must too, but ask.

Actually — rescind those huggs, Hitch … I’m sure you don’t want them just now! Does ice or hot water do anything positive for the pain? keep on with those opiates, since they help, and DO please keep breathing!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #35724
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
... and DO please keep breathing!!
Damn right!!!

Hope you get well soon.
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness