Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
That sounds really useful. I never get offers like that. How did you find it?

All I ever get from Kobo are random 20% codes that never seem to work on anything. Possibly they can tell from the size of my library that I don't require any incentives beyond the VIP program.
That was a deal around Christmastime; buy a $50 Kobo gift card from Walmart for $40.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:10 PM   #17
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I feel hurt - I've only gotten this for one author, not two. And sadly it was an author I don't like all that much, so there was only one book on the very short list I was maybe even interested in, but then the discount didn't even work on that one. Sigh!

Yes, it was much better when it was a more generic Penguin-Random House thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
I've also recently gotten two offers like this and had a similar reaction. These offers are the latest incarnation of the Penguin-Random House offers that used to be good for $5 off many PRH ebooks $9.99 or more. Now they're only good for a specific title or a very small number of titles by a single author.

OTOH, I'm not eligible for the "spend $XX get $YY credit" offer that prompted this thread. Presumably it's either because I got the PRH offers or because I'm also doing the "Kindle August Reading Challenge" (Read 10 days in August, get $5 in eBook credit), yet another offer. BTW, the reading challenge is definitely targeted to specific accounts with a unique URL, otherwise I'd have shared.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2020, 03:56 PM   #18
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Mine's spend $15, get $4. I got John D. Clark's Ignition, since that's nearly $15 by itself and never goes on sale, then added one of Wildside Press's Golden Age of Science Fiction MegaPacks I didn't already have to push me over $15.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:54 PM   #19
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Yes, it was much better when it was a more generic Penguin-Random House thing...
I was really surprised when I realized how limited the coupon was. I was getting the first offer in any case, but given that according to the terms I could use it twice, it made no sense that it only worked on the one book in the offer. I certainly had other PRH books I’d have applied it to.

And as for the current offer, I’m still dithering. I’ve got two books adding up to over $22 that are highly lustworthy, but the third book to round it up is an issue. Not that I don’t have books in the $8 to $10 range on my wishlist, but what do I really yearn for right this minute?
Old 08-07-2020, 10:23 PM   #20
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
That was a deal around Christmastime; buy a $50 Kobo gift card from Walmart for $40.
I must have missed that one. I really miss Fictionwise; they always seemed to have that sort of deal available. Although, on the whole, I think most of the books I buy now are less expensive than the ones I bought back then. In the beginning there were so few books available I was willing to pay over twenty dollars for some current mysteries.

I got the "spend thirty dollars to get eight" Amazon offer but I'm probably not going to use it. There are a few current books I'd like to have but they're mostly series mysteries and I have such a large TBR pile that they'll probably go on sale before I get to them anyway.

I've always been a re-reader but I've been so stressed out lately that I'm doing way more re-reading than new reading and the TBR pile just keeps growing. It will outlast me by a lot.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #21
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use offers like this mostly for non-fiction books that I don't expect to go on sale for a long time, if ever. I can wait for most fiction books, although there are a few fiction authors I really like who don't go on sale often/ever either, so sometimes I throw in one of those.

I know that I'm kind of rationalizing, but it works for me .
Old 08-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Step right up, folks, and get your HUGE savings today. (Not so close, son.) Yes, for a few bucks, we'll give you MORE bucks for books. Simply spend $30 dollars and we'll apply an unbelievable amount of credit to your account!* Grumpy people need not apply!

* = I am not affiliated with Amazon, except as a seller.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 03:36 PM   #23
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Yet another Amazon ebook deal.
Saw this over on Slickdeals:

Select Amazon Accounts: $3 Kindle Credit Towards Select Kindle eBooks

Credit must be used on an eBook on the deal page.
Credit must be claimed and used by 11:59 PM PDT August 31, 2020.

Here's the page with the eligible books.

I was eligible for this one.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:09 PM   #24
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
I've also recently gotten two offers like this and had a similar reaction. These offers are the latest incarnation of the Penguin-Random House offers that used to be good for $5 off many PRH ebooks $9.99 or more. Now they're only good for a specific title or a very small number of titles by a single author.

OTOH, I'm not eligible for the "spend $XX get $YY credit" offer that prompted this thread. Presumably it's either because I got the PRH offers or because I'm also doing the "Kindle August Reading Challenge" (Read 10 days in August, get $5 in eBook credit), yet another offer. BTW, the reading challenge is definitely targeted to specific accounts with a unique URL, otherwise I'd have shared.
So, I finished my Reading Challenge on the 12th and since the terms say the $5 credit is supposed to arrive "within approx. four days", I thought I'd better contact Amazon customer service.

I had to chat with 2 different reps, both of whom kept confusing this promotion with the PRH "$5 for select titles on your Wish List" offers I'd gotten via email, but after providing screenshots, I got a $5 credit.

Unfortunately, the credit they gave me doesn't work on agency books, only those "Sold by: Amazon.com Services LLC". This is contrary to the Reading Challenge terms "Any Kindle eBook sold on Amazon.com is eligible for this credit."

That'll teach me to talk to Amazon customer service.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #25
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Sorry to hear that.

Mine came through okay this time, but one time before they didn't give me my credit on a similar offer. Like you, I had screen shots, and like you, customer service goofed it up, and gave me a similar, but less useful credit.

So I complained a second time. I was doing this by email, so it was easy - I wasn't making phone calls, and having to wait on the phone. The second time, I got the correct credit, and they told me I could keep the wrong credit too. Since I could use the wrong one also, even though it wasn't quite as useful, this worked out well for me.

This probably depends a lot on who you get answering your complaint, but depending on your patience level, you could try and get it corrected...
Old 08-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #26
bookmarked
Addict

Thanks, but I think I'll leave well enough alone. With my luck, another call would just make things worse.

Amazon support is usually pretty good if you contact them with an issue that is on their support "script" (an item I ordered is damaged/missing/the wrong item, etc.), but I always manage to forget all of the problems when I contact them about something that's not common (on the script).

Really the reason I posted here was to let people know about the credit that wouldn't apply to agency books. I've never seen that before at Amazon so it didn't occur to me to check that before I ended the chat. That and the chance to whine a little.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #27
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Another of these offers is live; mine’s spend $25, get $6. Sept. 3 to 10.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #28
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Got the same offer, but I had to click on the link in an earlier post (thanks Sufue!) to see it. Off to shop for some new books now!
Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Another of these offers is live; mine’s spend $25, get $6. Sept. 3 to 10.
ngrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #29
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Mine was like before $10/3.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #30
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Mine was only buy one, get $5 off certain books.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote