Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-10-2020, 06:15 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Actually this appears to be an already reported Qt bug that no one seems to be doing anything about since it as filed over a year ago.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73994

Last edited by KevinH; 07-10-2020 at 08:25 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:20 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
And other places report it is due to a conflict with a Logitech Keyboard Driver and Qt.

Perhaps try disabling any third party keyboard drivers and restarting to see if the problem is indeed related to third party drivers.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2020, 08:01 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
FWIW : I often run into this issue. I try to make Windows wide shortcuts WinKey sequences. But that's not possible with many baked in Windows shortcut sequences, e.g Ctrl+Esc pops the Start Menu. And many 3rd party utility programs don't allow the WinKey modifier, even tho' they are Windows only programs Ψ³

Lest there be any confusion, I don't want Sigil to allow WinKey sequences, indeed I hereby forbid it

BR

I have a circa 1980s memory of a universal short cut manager, would have been on Lisa, Star, Windows, or VisiON - the 'Expert Systems' (chuckle) lab had all four. I inherited the lab and a couple of its programmers (the good ones) when the ES group was disbanded.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:30 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashomon View Post
Since nobody believe me, I made a video (sorry about bad quality, too tired to play with mobile):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkPfLAg3rQ

This is what I've done:
1. I edit one ePub, for 10-15 minutes. Everything is fine, changing between language works fine (both ways: alt+shift and alt+shift+1...)

2. At one point, after changing language (with ALT+SHIFT+2), Sigil crashes

3. After that, every time I start Sigil, even without any ePub open, and I press ALT+SHIFT+2, it crashes. It does not crash when I change language with ALT+SHIFT
They can't chase and trap bugs, that won't 'bug out' on them.
Knowing the trigger steps and then reporting those is only the first steps.
I was having a problem with Sigil Abending. It took over a year for someone to notice I was not working on a Single ( main book) content file. It was fixed as soon as they realized the trigger step that was missing (I work on chapter files)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote