Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #241
cat-three
cat-three began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G0016U
I just registered and can't find the ability to send a DM, or how to enable it in my settings. I hope responding to the thread is also acceptable and won't derail anything. My device variant isn't in the wiki.

S/N first 6 characters: G0016U
Bought in the USA, within the past month.

Basically, I bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with the Plum color, and the 8GB variant, "Without Special Offers", "Without Kindle Unlimited", and appears to be WiFi-only.

It came with a firmware version of 5.12.3, and I never connected it to the internet. Based on what I'm reading, that means I'm locked out of the fun. Hope this information helps others nonetheless!
cat-three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:22 PM   #242
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat-three View Post
I just registered and can't find the ability to send a DM, or how to enable it in my settings. I hope responding to the thread is also acceptable and won't derail anything. My device variant isn't in the wiki.

S/N first 6 characters: G0016U
Bought in the USA, within the past month.

Basically, I bought this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with the Plum color, and the 8GB variant, "Without Special Offers", "Without Kindle Unlimited", and appears to be WiFi-only.

It came with a firmware version of 5.12.3, and I never connected it to the internet. Based on what I'm reading, that means I'm locked out of the fun. Hope this information helps others nonetheless!
You have a newly released model.

NiLuJe needs to add it to a table.

Read the spoiler in post #185 of this thread.

You can get PM permission by requesting it in the feedback forum
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 11:03 PM   #243
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@cat-three: Thanks, I've added it to the list.

I don't actually know if the PW4-specific approach works on your device. If it did for the Indian and the Twilight Blue ones, then it should for this one, too.

@ilovejedd or @hius07 might be able to shed some more light on this .

I any case, at least now stuff will theoretically support it in the next round of snapshots .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:12 PM   #244
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@cat-three: Thanks, I've added it to the list.

I don't actually know if the PW4-specific approach works on your device. If it did for the Indian and the Twilight Blue ones, then it should for this one, too.

@ilovejedd or @hius07 might be able to shed some more light on this .

I any case, at least now stuff will theoretically support it in the next round of snapshots .
Biggest concern is if there are any hardware changes.

I think that's primarily what caused the bricks with later PW3 batches when trying to install factory 5.7.4 and 5.8.9.0.1.

For what it's worth, I have confirmed reports of successful jailbreak on PW4 G000 PP13 with stock FW 5.12.3 manufactured May 2, 2020 so the Plum's probably not too risky but there are also no guarantees it won't brick the device.

For PW4 JB requests:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=782

Mind, the Indian Kindles shipped with either 5.10.1.3 or lower so no issues there once we got a copy of that factory fw (at least until Amazon started shipping 5.10.3).

Last edited by ilovejedd; 06-19-2020 at 11:22 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:27 PM   #245
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ilovejedd: There shouldn't be, it's still the same batch of device codes that appeared back with the Blue ones (i.e., if it worked on a Blue, there's no reason it wouldn't here) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 11:58 PM   #246
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ilovejedd: There shouldn't be, it's still the same batch of device codes that appeared back with the Blue ones (i.e., if it worked on a Blue, there's no reason it wouldn't here) .
I don't know if the dev codes are a guarantee.

Both my PW3s were G090 G105, both stock 5.8.11, both manufactured in 2017 within a couple weeks of each other, one Amazon US and the other Amazon MX. Was able to install factory 5.8.9.0.1 on the US, while the MX bricked.

It's like the e-ink display used on the MX version was different. After installing on the MX, the touch points still covered the entire display but the screen content/GUI was reduced to ~3/4 of the screen area. After selecting language and continuing, I got a boot loop until it finally just gave an error code (with the screen all messed up so only part of the message was visible).

That said, it doesn't seem like this is an issue yet for the PW4s.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:42 AM   #247
Brynwall
Enthusiast
Brynwall began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Dang... Still nothing for the Kindle Oasis 3?
Brynwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:15 AM   #248
Brynwall
Enthusiast

Am I missing something though? I'm showing the G000WM is now on this page and shows support:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Old 07-24-2020, 11:22 AM   #249
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynwall View Post
Am I missing something though? I'm showing the G000WM is now on this page and shows support:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Kindletool support is not the same as jailbreak support.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #250
Brynwall
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Kindletool support is not the same as jailbreak support.
Ah, thank you.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:56 PM   #251
FrenchFries
Member Retired
FrenchFries began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy JB 5.13.1

Doesn't seem to work on 5.13.1 firmware, or did I misunderstand something? Do I need the factory of 5.13.1 or just the update to 5.13.1?
FrenchFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:48 AM   #252
chittu
chittu began at the beginning.

Device: nook
My PW4 got 5.13.1, I thought to install 5.10.1.3 (to jailbreak) but I couldn't download the factory 5.10.1.3 firmware from Baidu cloud (only people from china can register), can anyone help me to get the factory 5.10.1.3 firmware? thank you
chittu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:38 AM   #253
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Can JB hotfix protect the jailbreak on 5.13.1? I want to have some new features of this firmware but not sure if hotfix works here since it's new.
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 01:56 AM   #254
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xversion1 View Post
Can JB hotfix protect the jailbreak on 5.13.1? I want to have some new features of this firmware but not sure if hotfix works here since it's new.
Yes it can.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #255
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yes it can.
True. Confirm. Thanks!
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote