Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-12-2020, 02:22 PM   #91
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I don't have a USB hub but just looked at prices online at Best Buy and Staples and see they start at under $10.00. Maybe I'll try one.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:36 PM   #92
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I don't have a USB hub but just looked at prices online at Best Buy and Staples and see they start at under $10.00. Maybe I'll try one.
I'd suggest you make sure to get a powered hub. One of my co-workers has had endless problems with his tablet which does not supply the USB 2.0 specified 500mA much less the USB 3.0 specified 900mA.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2020, 01:46 AM   #93
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Mac & PC won't recognize Kobo

What an excellent thread! So much good advice in here. I used to run into this problem with our KA1s, but haven’t yet with either of our Claras.

Rebooting your computer is always a useful solution, even if it is a pain.

Sometimes USB ports can become disabled. It’s part of the safety or security routines, and usually indicative of a problem. Rebooting is often the only way to reset them, but as some have pointed out, changing cables, devices, or ports can shake things up and get the USB port reactivated. That goes for Linux, Mac, or Windows.

Before you decide your Kobo has a problem, try these steps:

1. Power cycle your Kobo
2. Reboot your computer
3. Power cycle your computer
4. Try a different port.
5. Make sure your Kobo is running the latest update.
6. See if another user on the same computer has the same issues.
7. Remove all USB devices from your computer, including hubs, and plug your Kobo directly into a USB port on the computer.
8. Try a different USB hub.
9. Try a powered USB hub.
10. Try different cables.
11. Test other devices on all your USB ports to make sure the ports work.
12. Try plugging your Kobo into another computer.
13. Reset your Kobo.

If all of that fails to fix the problem, you may have a Kobo with a bad micro USB port. That’s what happened with several of my Kobos. Fortunately, our two Claras have been doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Cootey; 08-13-2020 at 01:56 AM.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:36 AM   #94
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'd suggest you make sure to get a powered hub. One of my co-workers has had endless problems with his tablet which does not supply the USB 2.0 specified 500mA much less the USB 3.0 specified 900mA.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote