Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I also got the impression that he may have created a tmp space for use by the entire system within his home directory (perhaps even only temporarily for he building of AUR applications). I can think of several permissions issues that could arise if the only available system tmp space was in a user's home directory. I'm hoping maybe the restoration of a typical RAM-based /tmp solved to issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Is there a way to take a system completely updated from "unstable" and put it back to a system updated completely from "stable"?
I would think that would be pretty tough. I could do it pretty easily with a virtual machine by taking a snapshot before doing a full update to the unstable branch, and then reverting to the snapshot, but I don't think dolng it on a physical machine would be an easy process at all.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-01-2020 at 11:40 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote