Old 04-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #46
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can someone else with a PB360 try this and see if it works for you, please:

1. Using ADE on the PB360 ,open a book with hyperlinks (eg use the hyperlinked table of contents in any of my ePub books).
2. Go to a page with hyperlinks on it, press "Down" to select one of the hyperlinks, and "OK" to activate it.
3. On the page you end up at (preferably a page with no hyperlinks on it), press "Down" and "OK" again. Do you get back to where you were, or do you get the error message that I report in my previous message?

Thanks!
I am running 14.2 and have tested with the following:
BBC News (fast) [so, 18 apr 2010] - calibre.epub

I have mapped the Left(hold) to Links->Go_back and Right(hold) to Links->Enter_links_mode

When I press the Right(hold) it enters the link_mode and there is "block cursor" is shown in the top left corner, then one can use the down and up keys to navigate through the links followed by ok to follow the link, this works perfect

I have tested a lot but I can not get the "links->Go_back" to work on any page neither on a page with links nor on a page without, and neither by pressing the OK when the "block cursor" is shown nor by pressing Left(hold)

Now I tested also to enter the links mode by just pressing the down key and it works also, but there is no change when I try to go back, it still doesn't work

Now I am sure, this is a bug in the ADE implementation, because now I have seen how it should work.
When I use the fbreader on the same file, and follow a link, and then press Right(hold) the "block cursor" that is shown in ADE has been changed to
"a block cursor with a go back arrrow" and when pressing OK you get back

Harry can you report this? Now I need to go to sleep I will only get 5,5 hours sleep, then I have a long day at work tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: epub BBC News (fast) [so, 18 apr 2010] - calibre.epub (422.0 KB, 809 views)

Last edited by Anders Eriksson; 04-18-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:37 AM   #47
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
I am running 14.2 and have tested with the following:

I have mapped the Left(hold) to Links->Go_back and Right(hold) to Links->Enter_links_mode

When I press the Right(hold) it enters the link_mode and there is "block cursor" is shown in the top left corner, then one can use the down and up keys to navigate through the links followed by ok to follow the link, this works perfect

I have tested a lot but I can not get the "links->Go_back" to work on any page neither on a page with links nor on a page without, and neither by pressing the OK when the "block cursor" is shown nor by pressing Left(hold)

Now I tested also to enter the links mode by just pressing the down key and it works also, but there is no change when I try to go back, it still doesn't work

Now I am sure, this is a bug in the ADE implementation, because now I have seen how it should work.
When I use the fbreader on the same file, and follow a link, and then press Right(hold) the "block cursor" that is shown in ADE has been changed to
"a block cursor with a go back arrrow" and when pressing OK you get back

Harry can you report this? Now I need to go to sleep I will only get 5,5 hours sleep, then I have a long day at work tomorrow.
Thanks. I think it's my mistake. I am not using ADE that often and thought it should work there, too. My apologies, Harry. So if you want to use this feature, use fbreader, I guess. I will report this to Kiev.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Thanks. I think it's my mistake. I am not using ADE that often and thought it should work there, too. My apologies, Harry. So if you want to use this feature, use fbreader, I guess. I will report this to Kiev.
No problem at all - I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong! Thanks - if you could report it, I'd appreciate it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #49
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur

Quote:
I tried to use the fbreader more on the

Then I found another bug/problem

1. follow a link from the main-section, for instance "Business"
2. then follow another link, for instance the first "Airlines urge flight ban review"

This doesn't work in fbreader , but works in ADE
Old 04-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #50
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Eriksson View Post
I tried to use the fbreader more on the

Then I found another bug/problem

1. follow a link from the main-section, for instance "Business"
2. then follow another link, for instance the first "Airlines urge flight ban review"

This doesn't work in fbreader , but works in ADE
Sorry, I am not sure if I understand your problem. Please elaborate!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #51
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry, I am not sure if I understand your problem. Please elaborate!
Open the attached epub with fbreader, it is auto generated by calibre.

On the first page is a cover with info about what calibre version was used.

On the second page is the "main section" with links, that works ok to follow with fbreader, but then you come to a "sub section" and the links on these pages are impossible to use, nothing happens, it seems just like a refresh/blink of the same page, please try this.

The above is working fine with the AdobeViewer (ADE) but then you have the problem with the "go back" that doesn't work.
It is this kind of things that I really dislike, that one has to learn that some things needs one viewer because of bugs. I would appreciate if all current features was really working (and really stable also) and documented well, before any new features are added .
Attached Files
File Type: epub BBC News (fast) [so, 18 apr 2010] - calibre.epub (422.0 KB, 763 views)
Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 AM   #52
clifton
clifton began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
My vote goes to a better note taking function :-)
clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #53
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton View Post
My vote goes to a better note taking function :-)
Again a start would be if the current version of the note functionality was really stable and the documentation more thoroughly about how it works in different file formats and with different zoom levels etc.

But also I would like the stored notes of text to be text and not only bitmaps.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 AM   #54
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Bootup Logo Folder & A Shutdown Logo Folder ???

I am wondering if it would be possible to have both a startup and shutdown Logo Folders. Or a 'Bootup' and 'Shutdown' folder support within the Logo Folder. It would makes things a lot nicer. I will give an example of why it would be a better Pocketbook world with two different folders (processes).

I have a set of sequential images that I use on bootup. Some here have probably heard of them, MondrianBoot. I really like how it boots up and how it uses multiply images to make it seem like the bootup is actually happening or whatever it does instead of just a single static picture. There is 10 images. So you put the device setting on random and its good to go.

But if you want to set your device to shutdown using a specific logo. And its not one of the above 10 images above it still has to go into the single Logo folder. It then messes up the sequential bootup images. And if you have say 5 or 8 different specific shutdown images you like to use depending on your mood then it can really jack up the MondrianBoot process.

Is that making sense to anyone? I am afraid I am going to get everyone confused by trying to explain this lol.

I thought maybe there would be some folder support inside the Logo Folder like 'Bootup', 'Startup' or 'Shutdown'. Which would solve the above issue. But I already tried putting my images into folders within the Logo Folder and and that didn't work, only the bookland image came up after that. Which I assumes means there is no folder support inside the Logo Folder. Or I did it wrong or used improper names. I even tried a MondrainBoot folder as well.

Anyway I just think it would be a great feature to be able to have more control of your startup and shutdown images. I know its seems like a silly feature compared to some of the more needed features. But I still think it would be a great feature to have. And the more I can make the device specifically mine the better.

Vote for this and I will give you karma!

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-21-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 AM   #55
logan
logan doesn't litterlogan doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 360
Another wanted feature : support SDcard with ext3 or nfs filesystem.
I've got some bad surprise with FAT32 and looking for a way to have a more robust FS.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
Another wanted feature : support SDcard with ext3 or nfs filesystem.
I believe I'm correct is saying that use of the FAT or FAT32 file system is actually a part of the SD card standard.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #57
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I believe I'm correct is saying that use of the FAT or FAT32 file system is actually a part of the SD card standard.
Mostly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

Quote:
File system
Like other flash card technologies, most SD cards ship preformatted with the FAT or FAT 32 file system on top of an MBR partition scheme. The ubiquity of this file system allows the card to be accessed on virtually any host device with an SD reader. Also, standard FAT maintenance utilities (e.g. SCANDISK) can be used to repair or retrieve corrupted data. However, because the card appears as a removable hard drive to the host system, the card can be reformatted to any file system supported by the operating system.

SD cards with 4 GB and smaller capacities can be used with many systems by being formatted with FAT16 (4 GB only possible by using 64 kByte clusters, and not widely supported) or FAT32 file system (common for file systems 4 GB and larger). Cards 4 GB and larger can only be formatted with a file system that can handle these larger storage sizes, such as FAT32.

SD cards are plain block devices and do not in any way imply any specific partition layout or file system thus other partition schemes than MBR partitioning and the FAT file systems can be used. Under Unix-like operating systems such as Linux or FreeBSD, SD cards can be formatted using, for example, the UFS, EXT3 or the ReiserFS file systems; under Mac OS X, SD cards can be partitioned as GUID devices and formatted with the HFS+ file system. Under MS-Windows and some unix systems, SD cards can be formatted using the NTFS and on later versions exFAT file system. However most consumer products will expect MBR partitioning and FAT16/FAT32 filesystem.
The hardware allows it, so the cards *can* be formatted with pretty much any File system but it is not, as a rule, supported under the spec. And it does limit the portability of the card. <shrug>
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #58
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
flash RAM has a finite service life, unfortunately

A buddy of mine, new to linux, was blowing through 8GB cards he was using to share movies with. I did a bit of research into his problem, and found the following info succinctly describes the issues he was having:

http://groups.google.com/group/linux...1591196c0ae15e

In short, filesystems that require the 'sync' option, which as I understand is any FS that supports journalling, will wear out flash RAM noticeably quicker. My buddy was using NTFS on his card; I haven't tested ext[3,4], reiserfs, xfs, etc nor do I have any realworld experience with them.

Hope this helps!
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #59
Helmuts
Helmuts began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I second highlighting. Or the ability to bookmark a particular word on a page. That would help tons when you find errors in an ebook that you want to correct.

-Marcy
I would also love some kind of highlighting feature, so my vote goes for that!

Bestest regards,
Helmuts
Helmuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #60
clifton
clifton began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
another function : mindmapping as notetaking

Imagine when studying you can draw your mindmaps from within the books and when studying go back from the mindmaps to the parts in the book where you originally made the mindmap. Would be really helpful when using the reader as device to study on.
clifton is offline   Reply With Quote