Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast
OrangeFlavored doesn't litterOrangeFlavored doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Possible to sync reading position between Calibre & Koreader?

I've been using a Kobo H2O for a while now with the default reading app, and the KoboUtilities plugin in calibre would backup my reading progress every time I plugged it in so I could restore it if anything ever happened to cause it to be lost (like database corruption, or that annoying microSD bug a while back). Anyway H2O screen is ruined, plan to switch to a Boyue Likebook Mars and use Koreader as my main reading app, wondering if there is an easy way to export the saved reading progress from Calibre's columns into Koreader.

Really if the ones that are incomplete don't get their bookmark moved properly I can live with that since there's only a handful I'm actually in the process of reading, but it'd be nice if at minimum the ones with a "100" in the column I could batch set as "finished" in koreader in some easy automated way since there are hundreds of those.
OrangeFlavored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFlavored View Post
I've been using a Kobo H2O for a while now with the default reading app, and the KoboUtilities plugin in calibre would backup my reading progress every time I plugged it in so I could restore it if anything ever happened to cause it to be lost (like database corruption, or that annoying microSD bug a while back). Anyway H2O screen is ruined, plan to switch to a Boyue Likebook Mars and use Koreader as my main reading app, wondering if there is an easy way to export the saved reading progress from Calibre's columns into Koreader.

Really if the ones that are incomplete don't get their bookmark moved properly I can live with that since there's only a handful I'm actually in the process of reading, but it'd be nice if at minimum the ones with a "100" in the column I could batch set as "finished" in koreader in some easy automated way since there are hundreds of those.
It is not implemented yet. You can check updates in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3814
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast

Hm alright, also is there a quicker way to mark a book as read other than open each one and skip to the end?
Old 06-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
None that I could find (except from the "Book status" widget, which can only be opened from inside the book, so it's not actually any better. It did remind me that there is a "Finished" status that's different from "100%".). Unless someone proves me wrong, I was thinking of adding something like that to the FM long-press menu.

See also another progress-related quirk that I'm amazed no-one had reported yet.

(Yes, I'm fairly anal about that kind of house keeping, but, still ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-05-2019 at 06:07 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #5
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast

Yeah I noticed "finished" and 100% were different as well, just using 100% for now since it seems less steps to set it.

Working on tweaking my settings now and I noticed the DPI setting, if I know my device is 300 PPI does that mean the optimal setting here is 300 too? Or am I misinterpreting how this works?
Old 06-05-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The global DPI setting is automagically set according to your device's screen.

The CRe-specific DPI defaults to a 1:1 mapping similar to standard web behavior.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #7
OrangeFlavored
Enthusiast

Huh, so I should just set it back to 96 then? That's what it started on.