Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #2056
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There's an *uninstall* package shipped with every hack.

The "full uninstall" flag only ensures it will *delete* the hack's directory (user content included) from the userstore, in addition to disabling/uninstalling the hack itself.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 04:01 AM   #2057
Jacksaur
Jacksaur began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Ah yeah, got it in the end. Shame you can't edit or delete posts.
I'm uninstalling and reinstalling everything to try fix my SS hack, but I didn't install Python with KUAL. Is it alright to use the uninstaller through KUAL regardless, or should I do it with the usual Kindle update feature?
Jacksaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #2058
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The uninstall packages aren't special in any way, so, yeah, you also have to run them through MRPI.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:09 PM   #2059
littlenellie
littlenellie began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Even though I've read pages of posts and info, I'm confused.

Can I use KUAL to create a custom menu or add a shortkey to run a php program? Even though my K4 is jailbroken, has KUAL, KUAL+ and helper I can't see how to do that.

In the images at the top of this thread there's a 'Replace Store Buttons' menu option but my installation doesn't have that. Is that what I need or another extension - what am I missing?

Thanks
littlenellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:48 PM   #2060
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellie View Post
Even though I've read pages of posts and info, I'm confused.

Can I use KUAL to create a custom menu or add a shortkey to run a php program? Even though my K4 is jailbroken, has KUAL, KUAL+ and helper I can't see how to do that.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenellie View Post
In the images at the top of this thread there's a 'Replace Store Buttons' menu option but my installation doesn't have that. Is that what I need or another extension - what am I missing?

Thanks
The KUAL extensions: spoiler in the first post in this thread gives an overview and pointers to extensive documentation.

Download some extensions (you don't have to install them), unzip them and study the contents.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:20 PM   #2061
littlenellie
littlenellie began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Ah, I see. Thank you for setting me on the right track
littlenellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #2062
kaisernerox
kaisernerox began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 (G090 G10)
I get the "Package 'Update_KUALBooklet_054f614_install.bin' (KUALBooklet 054f614 I) is not targeting your device" error message everytime, I try to install KUAL.
I have a PW3 G090, which I updated to 5.9.6.1 (according to the Guide here). Jailbreak works fine, I got the jailbreak.txt
I installed 1.15.N hotfix with UYK.
When I'm using ;log mrpi I can see the installer, but afterwards I don't get any Kual Booklet.
(I tried creating a kual.kual file in the document folder, but since Kual itself isn't working..)
I also tried Kual.2.70, but I get the same error.
I checked the MD5 Hash of every zip, redownloaded them, tried WinRar and 7zip, and nothing made a difference.

Anything else I could try?
kaisernerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:52 PM   #2063
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisernerox View Post
I get the "Package 'Update_KUALBooklet_054f614_install.bin' (KUALBooklet 054f614 I) is not targeting your device" error message everytime, I try to install KUAL.
I have a PW3 G090, which I updated to 5.9.6.1 (according to the Guide here). Jailbreak works fine, I got the jailbreak.txt
I installed 1.15.N hotfix with UYK.
When I'm using ;log mrpi I can see the installer, but afterwards I don't get any Kual Booklet.
(I tried creating a kual.kual file in the document folder, but since Kual itself isn't working..)
I also tried Kual.2.70, but I get the same error.
I checked the MD5 Hash of every zip, redownloaded them, tried WinRar and 7zip, and nothing made a difference.

Anything else I could try?
Are you following the instructions in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
which is specifically tailored to PW3 and 5.9.6.1
even calling out which KUAL version to install.

Also, have you installed a consumer firmware after doing the jailbreak?
Old 07-22-2019, 04:00 PM   #2064
kaisernerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Are you following the instructions in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
which is specifically tailored to PW3 and 5.9.6.1
even calling out which KUAL version to install.

Also, have you installed a consumer firmware after doing the jailbreak?
Yes, that's the guide I followed. The Guide states to use the latest Kual from the snapshot thread, which I did. Both the coplate and the normal one.
I updated my kindle from 5.8.9.0.1 to 5.9.6.1
I installed the consumer firmware afterwards.
My Kindle is not registered, and was never in Wifi, if that makes a difference..
Old 07-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #2065
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, that's the guide I followed. The Guide states to use the latest Kual from the snapshot thread, which I did. Both the coplate and the normal one.
I updated my kindle from 5.8.9.0.1 to 5.9.6.1
I installed the consumer firmware afterwards.
My Kindle is not registered, and was never in Wifi, if that makes a difference..
About the only thing left is to post the entire mrpi log as an attachment for NiLuJe to analyze.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #2066
kaisernerox

I attached the mrinstaller.log and the logs from ;dm
Attached Files
File Type: rar logs.rar (242.3 KB, 187 views)
Old 07-22-2019, 05:06 PM   #2067
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I attached the mrinstaller.log and the logs from ;dm
Update MRPI if you haven't already. There was a fix released just yesterday.

If that doesn't fix the issue, notify NiLuJe on the details of your PW3 (country, Wifi or cellular, SO or non-SO, capacity, etc) so he can add it to the list and he can repackage for your specific device configuration.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 07-22-2019 at 05:08 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #2068
kaisernerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Update MRPI if you haven't already.

If that doesn't fix the issue, notify NiLuJe on the details of your PW3 (country, Wifi or cellular, SO or non-SO, capacity, etc) so he can add it to the list and he can repackage for your specific device configuration.
I used the mrpi Installer from the snapshot thread..
So yeah, I will give NiLuJe my details.
Thanks^^
Old 07-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #2069
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I used the mrpi Installer from the snapshot thread..
So yeah, I will give NiLuJe my details.
Thanks^^
There's an even newer one (r16247) than the one you have. Your logs show r16245.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #2070
kaisernerox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
There's an even newer one (r16247) than the one you have. Your logs show r16245.
OMG
That worked^^
Funny, since I did everything yesterday, and I didn't thought there would be new files today...
Awesome, thank you^^

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified