Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
thomthu
thomthu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Upload Apple iBook ERROR

Hello.
First, I am sorry if this is the wrong place for my question - I did not find a folder related sepcifically to Apple uploads.

I exported an ePub from Calibre and placed it into iTunes Producer, but now when trying to upload from there to Apple, I got this error message

ERROR ITMS-4171: "name.epub: Provided asset does not contain a version number. Please provide a versioned EPUB." at Book/BookAssets

Some explanations I found here https://help.apple.com/itc/booksasse...#/itc511891543
but it does not help. Calibre does output an .opf file which is versioned as EPUB 2.0 and I place the .opf into the .itmsp folder of iTunes Producer, but that seems not to be the right place. But the folder structure explained on the apple help page is not what I find. I have only the plain epub, cover.jpg and metadata.xml inside th .itmsp.

I am at an aboslute loss here. No response from Apple and no explanation anywhere on the web.

It seems, the .opf should be inside the .epub
But how can I achieve that?

Someone having an idea here how to solve this?

Thanks
Thom
thomthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomthu View Post
Hello.
First, I am sorry if this is the wrong place for my question - I did not find a folder related sepcifically to Apple uploads.

I exported an ePub from Calibre and placed it into iTunes Producer, but now when trying to upload from there to Apple, I got this error message

ERROR ITMS-4171: "name.epub: Provided asset does not contain a version number. Please provide a versioned EPUB." at Book/BookAssets

Some explanations I found here https://help.apple.com/itc/booksasse...#/itc511891543
but it does not help. Calibre does output an .opf file which is versioned as EPUB 2.0 and I place the .opf into the .itmsp folder of iTunes Producer, but that seems not to be the right place. But the folder structure explained on the apple help page is not what I find. I have only the plain epub, cover.jpg and metadata.xml inside th .itmsp.

I am at an aboslute loss here. No response from Apple and no explanation anywhere on the web.

It seems, the .opf should be inside the .epub
But how can I achieve that?

Someone having an idea here how to solve this?

Thanks
Thom
Why are you trying to put an epub book in iTunes producer? What are you trying to accomplish?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #3
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I'd suggest going to https://discussions.apple.com which will be much more useful than asking here. We arent usually publishers. We are readers who happen to use Apple devices.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote