Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Kindle Oasis Buyer's Thread

Thought I'd start a thread for people who have ordered an Oasis or are thinking about it.

I just pre-ordered from Best Buy. The web site says "Get it by Wednesday 4/27." Not sure if that's a promise or just an estimate, but it seemed better than the delivery dates Amazon is offering.

Interested in hearing from others who are finding it hard to wait
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Cool in 11 days some questions will be answered.
Great thread btw.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #3
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
I think it's overpriced and I find the product page to be intentionally misleading and borderline offensive.

But yes I ordered one anyway . It's due on May 4 which means I'll get to read reactions from the April 27 people in time to cancel my order if everyone hates it.
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #4
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I'm getting one. Due June 6th..
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:55 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I haven't ordered yet, but intend to, in a couple of months. Unless reviews are mostly bad. I'll let you folks test it for me.

The price is monstrous, of course. I'm willing to swallow it, but can't afford it just now. I must fatten my purse a bit before ordering.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2016, 03:03 AM   #6
jeffyen
Connoisseur
jeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I think it's overpriced and I find the product page to be intentionally misleading and borderline offensive.
Intriguing... what did you find to be misleading and offensive?
jeffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:44 AM   #7
Crhis
Enthusiast
Crhis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 7 Plus
I have a WiFi only model with the black case due on the 27th.

Problem is I put my Voyage on eBay after the Bezos tweet so I'm stuck with paper books until it arrives. It was a nice change at first but I'm more than ready to go back to an ereader.
Crhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:55 AM   #8
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
My estimate is 28. - 30. shipping in from amazon.de

The width of my current Paperwhite 2 (2013) original leather cover is about 125 mm, the Oasis is 122 mm wide, so it will fit in all pockets my Paperwhite fits ... and it´s 27 mm shorter, so it will be less bulky to carry, it will just be easier to bring everywhere !

I´m also looking forward to easily detach it from the cover, as taking my current reader out of it´s rubber housing is not fast enough to do it every day.

A worthwhile upgrade in my mind, and the red leather and 80s-like estetics(*) looks awesome, although I almost got the brown to get a worn Midori travellers notebook vibe.

(*) http://www.obsoletemedia.org/wp-cont...comparison.png
http://file.vintageadbrowser.com/l-8bynr19l8osyxe.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f41950b6e4.jpg

Last edited by tovare; 04-17-2016 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added url
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:02 AM   #9
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I hope those who have ordered one get it fairly quickly and that you all enjoy using it
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #10
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Cool in 11 days some questions will be answered ...
Hopefully. But I'm not convinced Best Buy's "Get By 4/27" line is accurate. Would Amazon delay shipping units to Best Buy to fill their own orders first?

I'm also wondering if Amazon's delivery dates ever get moved up.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:30 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
They could get moved up... people could change their minds or buy else where.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #12
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I ordered from Amazon and got a shipping date for July for the Merlot cover. I decided the Voyage was the better device for my needs anyway and cancelled. Then I saw that I could get one from Best Buy on 4/27 and I caved and ordered the black cover. My Voyage stays. It will be the Kindle that goes out with me since it is better protected.

I believe from past experience that Best Buy gets a number of Kindles at launch and I think they will be shipped to arrive 4/27 just like the Amazon ones. You can currently get the base model with black cover from Amazon by May 17th (13th with one day delivery), so I think that the one with black cover is just not as popular. I'm counting on 4/27!

Last edited by Kolja; 04-17-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #13
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
According to the amazon hot new releases in Kindle e-readers, it´s 1. Black 2. Merlot 3. Walnut. They might have produced more black in anticipation of demand.

I find the Merlot and Waltnut to be the most exiting options, but i do understand people going for black because it´s so timeless and elegant and more high-tech .. the velvety rich merlot leather is a nod to vintage luxury and the walnut (which I almost got, and perhaps will get that worn look) gives me the impression of exiting adventures.

Last edited by tovare; 04-17-2016 at 04:02 PM.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #14
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovare View Post
According to the amazon hot new releases in Kindle e-readers, it´s 1. Black 2. Merlot 3. Walnut. They might have produced more black in anticipation of demand.

I find the Merlot and Waltnut to be the most exiting options, but i do understand people going for black because it´s so timeless and elegant and more high-tech .. the merlot is a nod to old luxury and the walnut (which I almost got, and perhaps will get that worn look) gives me the impression of exiting adventures.
Sounds like you are right. That makes sense as black has always been professional and a popular choice. I wanted Merlot, but I'm happy to get black if it means I get it 4/27 instead of 7/15. I also want to get rid of special offers and hope I can do that on the device once it arrives. I prefer to open the book to the page where I left off.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #15
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I wait till they come up with Blue & Lower the price.

Wonder if they going to lower PW3 & Voyage price.... any rumors out there guys??
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote