Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #331
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released v1.7.24, which should now autodetect the new KT4 .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #332
ACardAttack
ACardAttack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
So I have this problem where I can remove a series or author from the list of collections to be created, I can manually delete that collection on my kindle, but when I go and send collections to kindle and then import them, the collection shows back up on my device even though it is not listed anymore in my create collection.

Any idea how to prevent this?

Im on PW2, I did try to search but couldn't find anything
ACardAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:56 AM   #333
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See my recent answer about the incremental update mode .
Old 06-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #334
ACardAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
See my recent answer about the incremental update mode .
I can't seem to find anything about incremental updates in calibre kindle collections add on or in the actual collections app on my kindle. Where would that box be? I must be over looking it

Thanks
Old 06-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #335
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It's on that screen, the final checkbox above the Kindle model: "Only generate data for created/updated collections".
Old 06-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #336
ACardAttack

Quote:
It's on that screen, the final checkbox above the Kindle model: "Only generate data for created/updated collections".
Ah, thanks, you're the best! I was looking for the actual word incremental
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #337
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Rest assured: me too, initially .

Code:
 9897  24.6.2019 23:12  0:00  rg incremental Configs/trunk/Kindle/Calibre/Kindle\ Collections
I'm not sure where I remembered that from. Might be a comment somewhere on the LS's side of things or something .
Old 08-14-2019, 11:40 PM   #338
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I'm getting an error that "these files all have the same Kindle code - you should remove the extra copies" for two of my books.

Is there any way to fix this?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:59 AM   #339
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Remove the duplicate copy? If it's not a duplicate, fix the ASINs of the books in question, the popup has all the details you need.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:08 AM   #340
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Remove the duplicate copy? If it's not a duplicate, fix the ASINs of the books in question, the popup has all the details you need.
The pop-up doesn't say anything about how to fix the ASINs, just that both books have the same ASIN.

P.S. I see I have to find the original for one book, add it to Calibre again, and copy the identification from there.

Last edited by MarjaE; 08-16-2019 at 01:16 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #341
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There's a long and varied history of how to handle ASINs, re-hashing the details would be somewhat out of scope here. (Plus, Kindles are no longer my daily drivers, so I'm no longer on the up and up on that front).

The plugin tells you *which* books are (arguably) broken, how you fix that is up to you .
Old 09-13-2019, 11:24 AM   #342
lucia_1015
lucia_1015 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite generacion 7
collection kindle paperwhite generacion 7

Hi, I have a kindle paperwhite 7 and I want to assemble collections with caliber instead of generating them by hand. Anyone know how?
lucia_1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #343
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia_1015 View Post
Hi, I have a kindle paperwhite 7 and I want to assemble collections with caliber instead of generating them by hand. Anyone know how?
Hi Lucia,

If you have jailbroken your kindle you can do so by using the Kindle Collection plugin on your calibre and the Librarian Sync extension for KUAL.
Once you have everything set up, with your kindle connected to calibre you first run the Kindle collections plugin that generates some sort of a "configuration file" on your kindle.
Then you run KUAL --> LibrarianSync extension and either Rebuild collections or Update collections (for calibre plugins)
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #344
lucia_1015
lucia_1015 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite generacion 7
Without jailbroken, can you do the collections? Or at some point can it be done with caliber after some update?
lucia_1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:10 AM   #345
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia_1015 View Post
Without jailbroken, can you do the collections? Or at some point can it be done with caliber after some update?
As far as I know, no: you can't.
Or, better said: you can do that on your kindle, but you cannot exchange data with Calibre
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle