Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #31
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Does anyone know where I can get The Way of Kings Part 2 as an ebook?
Probably any number of places, after it's published later this year.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #32
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Probably any number of places, after it's published later this year.
Thanks but I'm referring to Part 2 of the Way of Kings, not Stormlight Archive Part 2. From what I can see on Goodreads, it was published in June 2011 by Gollancz and should be available at Kobo but Kobo (true to form) doesn't have it. Kobo only has The Way of Kings Part 1. I can find it in deadtree versions at various places but I'd prefer an ebook format.

Here is the link to it on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...kings-part-two
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #33
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueTied View Post
Thanks but I'm referring to Part 2 of the Way of Kings, not Stormlight Archive Part 2. From what I can see on Goodreads, it was published in June 2011 by Gollancz and should be available at Kobo but Kobo (true to form) doesn't have it. Kobo only has The Way of Kings Part 1. I can find it in deadtree versions at various places but I'd prefer an ebook format.

Here is the link to it on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...kings-part-two
The Way of Kings was released in two volumes in paperback in the UK.

The Kindle edition (and other ebook editions) combines both volumes, just as the hardback did.

Check the page counts. Hardback: 1007, Kindle: 1005, Paperbacks: 608 and 544.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #34
TongueTied
Zealot
TongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic somethingTongueTied has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The Way of Kings was released in two volumes in paperback in the UK.

The Kindle edition (and other ebook editions) combines both volumes, just as the hardback did.

Check the page counts. Hardback: 1007, Kindle: 1005, Paperbacks: 608 and 544.
Ah, thanks. That clarifies things for me. When I finished the ebook, I felt like he had left the story hanging too much and it didn't sit right. So, when I found the Book 2 on Goodreads, I got excited that Sanderson hadn't left the story hanging quite as much as he did. So, it now seems he did and we are going to have to wait a long time for the next phase of the story

Anyway, thanks for clarifying this for me.
TongueTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #35
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Only 40% finished (on the first draft) according to Sanderson's homepage.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
Only 40% finished (on the first draft) according to Sanderson's homepage.
I'm going to hope it's because he's been too busy writing to update the site.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #37
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
He updates the site regularly actually. Also posts YouTube videos such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGTEyK9FoD8&hd=1 where you can watch him write it xD

Also on that YouTube page (February 2013) he says it's "to be published in late 2013 (hopefully) or early 2014.". So it's still three years away!
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #38
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
He updates the site regularly actually. Also posts YouTube videos such as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGTEyK9FoD8&hd=1 where you can watch him write it xD

Also on that YouTube page (February 2013) he says it's "to be published in late 2013 (hopefully) or early 2014.". So it's still three years away!
Gladly you actually mean 1 year away if those date are right! I would guess that is optimistic if he is only at 40% though.

I think he was mostly delayed on this one due to working on the Wheel of Time books. Although he did an excellent job on those, I hope he can get back to the Stormlight Archive now.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote