Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 05:23 PM   #1561
dpsjunior
dpsjunior began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You can still use the serial port jail break procedure.
It is indexed in the sticky jb index above.
Sorry, but I wasn't able to find it. Do you have a direct link to serial port jailbreak?
dpsjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #1562
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpsjunior View Post
Sorry, but I wasn't able to find it. Do you have a direct link to serial port jailbreak?
Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
I looked the hard way. It was on either page 3 or 4.
Or link is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275881
1st post, 1st one under historic jailbreaks.

Now please do yourself a favor. Make sure you understand all the directions before attempting it.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 03-18-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:48 PM   #1563
dpsjunior
dpsjunior began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
I looked the hard way. It was on either page 3 or 4.
Or link is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275881
1st post, 1st one under historic jailbreaks.

Now please do yourself a favor. Make sure you understand all the directions before attempting it.
Once again thank you for your help and fast reply. I'll do my best
dpsjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #1564
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Is there a way to install initial factory firmware to PW3 5.8.8 jailed?
Jailbreak is safe, can install any bin packet if required.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #1565
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Is there a way to install initial factory firmware to PW3 5.8.8 jailed?
Jailbreak is safe, can install any bin packet if required.
Not sure what you mean.

PW-3, now running 5.8.8
Jail broken?
Not jail broken?

Not that I can recall anyone trying to over-write 5.8.8 with the earlier "factory" version.

but if the device is already jail broken -
Add the "Rescue Pack" before starting (that puts ssh onto the 'diags' system and returns the function of "ENABLE_DIAGS" on the visible root).

Use KindleTool to open the factory package -
Running in the "Diags" system, over ssh, copy the rootfs.img file on top of the "Main" partition (mmcblk0p1).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #1566
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
knc1, thank you, that is what I meant
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #1567
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
knc1, thank you, that is what I meant
You will probably have to install the kernel from the factory package also.

Follow any of the main system de-bricking directions -
only the device and the file names are different in the directions.

12 8 00
Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #1568
tinbilly
tinbilly began at the beginning.

Device: koa
I've lost the jailbreak on my KOA running 5.8.8 and could not downgrade it to previous firmwares.

Is there any way to jailbreak my KOA on 5.8.8?

Thank you!
tinbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #1569
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbilly View Post
I've lost the jailbreak on my KOA running 5.8.8 and could not downgrade it to previous firmwares.

Thank you!
Not that I know of.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #1570
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:

Thank you!
What makes you think you lost the jail break with the update to 5.8.8?
It is known to survive the update.
Unless of course you used the "Reset" function on the device.

- - - - -

Read first line of first post.
That is your situation now.

Last edited by knc1; 03-20-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:07 AM   #1571
tinbilly

Quote:
What makes you think you lost the jail break with the update to 5.8.8?
It is known to survive the update.
Unless of course you used the "Reset" function on the device.

- - - - -

Read first line of first post.
That is your situation now.
I mistakenly used the "Reset" function on the device. Now I cannot jailbreak my KOA. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #1572
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I mistakenly used the "Reset" function on the device. Now I cannot jailbreak my KOA. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!
What more can I say?
Quote:
NEVER AGAIN USE THE "Reset" MENU ENTRY. Never, ever, unless you intended to wipe out the jailbreak survival code. Which you really, really, need.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #1573
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Enjoy your KOA as it is. That is the only thing you can do.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #1574
tinbilly

Quote:
What more can I say?
Any chance that you will figure out how to jailbreak or downgrade a KOA on 5.8.8 in the future? Many thanks!
Old 03-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #1575
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Any chance that you will figure out how to jailbreak or downgrade a KOA on 5.8.8 in the future? Many thanks!
I would say no since those that did the other jailbreaks either got busy with life or have life issues.

Main guy here right now is old enough to be my father and I am 51.