Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
AkiraReader
Connoisseur
AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox, Kindles
Does Outlander get any better?

I'm suffering through the first book (70% in), trying to figure out if I should continue. I like the environment and characters but the whole story line doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Considering its ratings, I had assumed it would be an excellent romance/adventure but I'm finding on the contrary, that I dislike the entire thing.

Spoiler:
She gets hard humped every few hours, wanders around aimlessly on horses with the group, converses about non-topics and gets a beating a red-headed step child would be jealous of. All the while worrying about what her husband is up to back home. Rinse, repeat.

Are the remaining 7 books like this too, or does it improve? I'm looking for the light at the end of the tunnel here.
AkiraReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Thread moved out of the Lounge and into the Reading Recommendations Forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote