Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #31
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
I have the problem that I had enabled the
patch_name = `Compact homepage layout (Glo)` on.
It looks like the patch have done something with the database on my Aura HD.
All the covers of the books are really small on the home page, I did disabled it again,but it would not make it better, a lot of white and very small covers.
I even raplaced the firmware again and then patch it with the setting off, but the pictures stay small so that is why I think it has done something with the pics loaded from the database, any idea how I get the original sizes back ?
That patch is only for the Glo, but I don't think it could affect anything in the database, it only changes the stylesheet used for the homepage tiles.

If you use Calibre to sideload then maybe you could use KoboUtilities to resend the covers for a book, or if not then try deleting a book and sideloading it again so that new cover images are generated. You'll need to reboot after changing the cover before the new cover will show up. But I'm just guessing, I don't really know what is going on.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #32
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
That patch is only for the Glo, but I don't think it could affect anything in the database, it only changes the stylesheet used for the homepage tiles.

If you use Calibre to sideload then maybe you could use KoboUtilities to resend the covers for a book, or if not then try deleting a book and sideloading it again so that new cover images are generated. You'll need to reboot after changing the cover before the new cover will show up. But I'm just guessing, I don't really know what is going on.
It has affected in all the "read" books on the homepage,set the software back to default doesn't change the things back, long press the tile and press the dismiss button replace them by the big ones for the next book, in the library list only the books that where on the main screen are changed so I indeed replaced the list by re-uploading the covers.

So change the filesheet will affect the inside covers.
Not only on the front page,but also on the library list page.
It is not changing the "looks on the mainpage" but it actually change the covers that are stored on the book.
They keep even small when you open the book itself.
The normal cover is page filled, now it is more like a stamp.

Strange thing is, if only the stylesheet is changed,you would think that setting back the original unpatched firmware, must also replace the patched stylesheed, but the pictures stay small on both frontpage and library list, so enabling the patch makes the reader change the covers, in guidance of that sheet, but if you disable the patch, it will not restore the original covers...
I never thought it would also change the library list.
The only thing in question, what does it do on the Glo, only change the main page, or does it also change the pictures in library list and actual books ?
I am to afraid to try
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The covers images don't come from the database. They are generated as needed from the books. For epubs, they are generated from the first page of the book. There are three or four different sizes generated for use in different places. And the sizes generated depend on the device. For books in the main memory, the generated cover images are stored for later use.

My guess is that something in the patch set the sizes of the images to be generated. These were saved and now that you have reverted the patch the stored images are being used. A test would be to send a new book to the device and see if the correct sizes are generated.

If I am right, the fix is to remove the stored cover images and restart the device. The latter is to clear the memory cache of covers so they will be reread or regenerated. The easiest way to delete the images is using calibre and my Kobo Utilities plugin. It has a function that will do this. It can also send covers from the library to replace the ones on the device. Alternatively, you can delete the books on the device and send them again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #34
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Strange thing is, if only the stylesheet is changed,you would think that setting back the original unpatched firmware, must also replace the patched stylesheed, but the pictures stay small on both frontpage and library list, so enabling the patch makes the reader change the covers, in guidance of that sheet, but if you disable the patch, it will not restore the original covers...
I never thought it would also change the library list.
The only thing in question, what does it do on the Glo, only change the main page, or does it also change the pictures in library list and actual books ?
I am to afraid to try
Is it fixed? All I can thing is that the patch caused the size of the tiles to change and so the firmware regenerated smaller thumbnails to fit, and then when the tiles changed back to normal the small thumbnails continued to be used.

I use the compact homescreen patch on my Glo, this is what my homescreen looks like without the patch, and this is what it looks like with the patch. It doesn't have any affect on the size of the thumbnails or the tiles, it just reduced the space between and around the tiles so there is enough room to fit a third row of book tiles.

Last edited by GeoffR; 04-13-2015 at 10:33 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 04-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #35
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Is it fixed? All I can thing is that the patch caused the size of the tiles to change and so the firmware regenerated smaller thumbnails to fit, and then when the tiles changed back to normal the small thumbnails continued to be used.

I use the compact homescreen patch on my Glo, this is what my homescreen looks like without the patch, and this is what it looks like with the patch. It doesn't have any affect on the size of the thumbnails or the tiles, it just reduced the space between and around the tiles so there is enough room to fit a third row of book tiles.
@Davidfor.
I have re-uploaded the covers with the plugin and it is fixed now.
Also a new book will be send and used with the right size.
@Geoffr I think you are right, it calls the thumbnails.
The problems are caused by my stupidity (and maybe those of naming Kobo devices) I read Aura for the patch and my brains converted it to Aura HD.
It fools me every time,that the Aura isn't compatible with the Aura HD and I am afraid that it happens the same with the Glo and Glo-HD.
I am lucky that the Glo and Aura HD firmware is compatible, but in the Future for the Glo HD I think it will use the mark5 firmware ?
It will be more diffucult with patching to keep in mind that I have 2 normal Glo and an Aura HD,and in future also a Glo HD and with patching I have to keep in mind not to make this mistake or other ones the second time.
I already copy the patch file twice and renaming it to be sure that the right files and options are not used for both devices, but the notepad +++ kept my file in memory and I wasn't changing the file for the HD but for the Glo which had this patch enabled...

I think there must be a small warning that when u use the patch,and disabled it,the coverfiles remained on the device and until removed or replaced,they keep it's current dimentions on the homepage and library tiles.
For the Glo, it is smaller so maybe you don't see it if you disable the patch.
For myself, I must be very sure that I don't make the mistakes between Aura and Aura-HD but I am dyslectic so my brain let me read what I want to see
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2015, 05:53 AM   #36
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi GeoffR

Thank you very much for firmware patching, and the very detailed Index to the Metazoa firmware patches.

Few questions:

1) In Custom page refresh options, how do i change from arithmetic progression to geometric progression.

and i change the code in arithmetic progression is it o.k ?

Code:
# Values for replacement: (Alternative 1, arithmetic sequence e.g. 1,3,5,...,23)
# Base (use this value for the first menu option):
replace_int = 78FA5C, 1, 1
# Increment (add this value to get each successive menu option):.
replace_int = 78FB2A, 1, 2
# Maxmium (stop adding options when this value is exceeded):
replace_int = 78FB2C, 6, 23

2) In Freedom to advanced fonts control does OTF sideloaded fonts will works in epubs.

3) The Hebrew keyboard still not working after opening a book and the Aa menu , i try also the Hebrew keyboard patch from 3.15.0 still no go .

4) this question toes not about firmware patching but maybe you can help.

I Have a Hebrew dictionary made by AlPe, but it is not working because kobo does not have Hebrew glyphs, can i add Hebrew glyphs?

EDIT: Hebrew keyboard and Hebrew dictionary is WORKING!!!!!

Last edited by oren64; 06-14-2015 at 07:27 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 AM   #37
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
1) In Custom page refresh options, how do i change from arithmetic progression to geometric progression.

and i change the code in arithmetic progression is it o.k ?

Code:
# Values for replacement: (Alternative 1, arithmetic sequence e.g. 1,3,5,...,23)
# Increment (add this value to get each successive menu option):.
replace_int = 78FB2A, 1, 2
replace_int = 78FB2C, 6, 23
Yes that looks okay, I have tried a progression from 1 to 50 and it works okay, if the menu is too long to fit on the screen then scroll buttons are added automatically.

To use the geomrtric sequence, comment out the three replace_ lines from Alternative 1 and uncomment the three replace_ lines for Alternative 2:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom page refresh options`
patch_enable = `yes`
# cmp r5, #7; bne.n; --> cmp r5, #6; bls.n;
replace_bytes = 78FB2C, 07 2D 9A D1, 06 2D 9A D9
#
# Values for replacement: (Alternative 1, arithmetic sequence e.g. 1,2,3,...,12)
#replace_int = 78FA5C, 1, 1
# Increment (add this value to get each successive menu option):
#replace_int = 78FB2A, 1, 1
#replace_int = 78FB2C, 6, 12
#
# Values for replacement: (Alternative 2, geometric sequence 1,2,4,8,16,32,64)
# Double to get each successive menu option:
replace_bytes = 78FB2A, 01 35, 6D 00
replace_int = 78FB2C, 6, 64
</Patch>

(I haven't tested values above 64.)

Quote:
2) In Freedom to advanced fonts control does OTF sideloaded fonts will works in epubs.
As far as I know the adjustable weight/sharpness will only work with TTF fonts in the EPUB reader. Although it will let you adjust the weight/sharpness for OTF fonts, and you can see the changes in the preview window, the changes won't take effect in the book.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:07 PM   #38
GeoffR
Wizard

Here is the `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml` patch for this firmware version. I haven't tested it as I don't use custom dictionaries.

Firmware 3.13.1, paste into libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# This patch is used for something to do with syncing and custom dictionaries.
# If you don't know what it does, then you probably don't need it.
#
# `%1/dicthtml%2.zip` --> `%1/micthtml%2.zip`
#replace_string = BA3098, `%1/dicthtml%2.zip`, `%1/micthtml%2.zip`
# `%1/dicthtml%2` --> `%1/micthtml%2`
replace_string = BA89F0, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
# `dicthtml` --> `micthtml`
replace_string = BA8A38, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0`
replace_string = BA8DF0, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
replace_string = BA8E54, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
replace_string = BA8EB8, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
# `%1/%2/dict/dicthtml%3` --> `%1/%2/dict/micthtml%3`
replace_string = BA8F1C, `%\01\0/\0%\02\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\03\0`, `%\01\0/\0%\02\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\03\0`
# `dicthtml*` --> `micthtml*`
#replace_string = BA8B74, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`
#replace_string = BAEC3C, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`
# `dicthtml%1` --> `micthtml%1`
#replace_string = BB0E94, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\01\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\01\0`
</Patch>
Old 09-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #39
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #40
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Here is the `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml` patch for this firmware version. I haven't tested it as I don't use custom dictionaries.

Firmware 3.13.1, paste into libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Change dicthtml strings to micthtml`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# This patch is used for something to do with syncing and custom dictionaries.
# If you don't know what it does, then you probably don't need it.
#
# `%1/dicthtml%2.zip` --> `%1/micthtml%2.zip`
#replace_string = BA3098, `%1/dicthtml%2.zip`, `%1/micthtml%2.zip`
replace_string = BA89F0, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
# `dicthtml` --> `micthtml`
replace_string = BA8A38, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0`
replace_string = BA8DF0, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
replace_string = BA8E54, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
replace_string = BA8EB8, `%\01\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`, `%\01\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\02\0`
# `%1/%2/dict/dicthtml%3` --> `%1/%2/dict/micthtml%3`
replace_string = BA8F1C, `%\01\0/\0%\02\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\03\0`, `%\01\0/\0%\02\0/\0d\0i\0c\0t\0/\0m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\03\0`
#replace_string = BA8B74, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`
#replace_string = BAEC3C, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0*\0`
# `dicthtml%1` --> `micthtml%1`
#replace_string = BB0E94, `d\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\01\0`, `m\0i\0c\0t\0h\0t\0m\0l\0%\01\0`
</Patch>
If i open the the dictionary from the book or from extras->dictionary, it say "You don't have the...dictionary installed..."
is it supposed to be this way?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #41
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
If i open the the dictionary from the book or from extras->dictionary, it say "You don't have the...dictionary installed..."
is it supposed to be this way?
You need to install the dictionaries the first time to activate they in the database and then you can install the patch and rename the files. I only need to reinstall if I do a factory reset.
I hope it work for you also
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #42
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
You need to install the dictionaries the first time to activate they in the database and then you can install the patch and rename the files. I only need to reinstall if I do a factory reset.
I hope it work for you also
The dictionaries works okay in the book, only when i open the dictionary from the Extras it's not showing.

I try what you suggest tomorrow, i am beat.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #43
GeoffR
Wizard

`Force user line spacing in ePubs`

This patch prevents the ePub reader from recognising the line-height property in the book's stylesheet, which has the same effect as completely stripping the line-height property or filtering it out during a Calibre conversion.

I don't recomment using this patch because it will spoil the formatting of some well-made ePubs, it is better to selectively fix just the badly-made ePubs and leave the well-made ones alone, but if you are routinely stripping the line-height from all your books anyway anyway then this patch does no worse.

This is a two-part patch, it is a stronger replacement for the `Enorce user line spacing in ePubs` patch which doesn't work on many books, so disable that patch if you were using it. Paste this patch at the end of the libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file, otherwise it will interfere with the `ePub unitless line height` patch.

(This patch should work on all firmware versions from 3.3.0 onwards, but to apply it to versions 3.3.0 - 3.12.0 you would need to use the patch32lsb tools from the instructions for patching firmware version 3.12.1 or later.)

Part 1: paste at the end of libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Multi-version patch: 3.3.0 - 3.18.0+
#
# This is part 1 of 2. Also enable part 2 in librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch
#
# This patch prevents any line-height style set in the book's stylesheet from
# being recognised. It will spoil the formatting of some books, but will ensure
# that the line spacing set with the adjustment slider takes effect.
#
find_base_address = `\0\0\x20\0l\0i\0n\0e\0-\0h\0e\0i\0g\0h\0t\0`
replace_string = 0004, `l`, `_`
</Patch>

Part 2: paste into librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2)`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Multi-version patch: 3.3.0 - 3.18.0+
#
# This is part 2 of 2. Also enable part 1 in libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch
#
# This patch prevents any line-height style set in the book's stylesheet from
# being recognised. It will spoil the formatting of some books, but will ensure
# that the line spacing set with the adjustment slider takes effect. (Unless
# the publisher has used the font shorthand style; see below.)
#
find_base_address = `\0line-height\0`
replace_string = 0001, `l`, `_`
#
# Uncomment the following two lines to also prevent the font shorthand style
# from being recognised. The font shorthand style is not very common in ePubs,
# but where used it can also prevent the line spacing from being adjusted.
# Beware that this option will likely have much bigger side-effects on the
# book's formatting, because the font shorthand style is used to set the
# font-size, font family, and other styles in addition to line-height.
#
#find_base_address = `\0font\0`
#replace_string = 0001, `f`, `_`
</Patch>
Old 12-01-2015, 02:43 AM   #44
oren64
I need a chapter break

I try adding the patch `Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs` you post.
but I get "Error processing D:\...\libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:51 AM   #45
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
I try adding the patch `Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs` you post.
but I get "Error processing D:\...\libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch.
That patch is a replacement for three other patches, so you'll need to disable those three patches if you have them enabled. If that isn't the problem, then can you post the full error message? I did test it on firmare 3.13.1 and it worked for me.