Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 02:42 AM   #1
jakjak999
jakjak999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre update to 64bit locked files

Hi - I had some PC issues and upgated my Calibre to 64bit. Now whenever I try and delete a file it comes up with (below) - any thoughts??

calibre, version 5.32.0
ERROR: Permission denied: Could not access Advanced General Relativity - J. Stewart.djvu. Is it being used by another program? Click "Show details" for more information.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "shutil.py", line 788, in move
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'D:\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Library Current\\J. Stewart\\Advanced General Relativity (21898)' -> 'D:\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Library Current deleted _u497ams\\Advanced General Relativity (21898)'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 390, in do_library_delete
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 420, in delete_books_by_id
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 75, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1796, in remove_books
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1759, in remove_books
File "calibre\db\delete_service.py", line 67, in delete_books
File "calibre\db\delete_service.py", line 71, in queue_paths
File "calibre\db\delete_service.py", line 90, in _queue_paths
File "shutil.py", line 800, in move
File "shutil.py", line 737, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 615, in _rmtree_unsafe
File "shutil.py", line 613, in _rmtree_unsafe
PermissionError: [WinError 5] Access is denied: 'D:\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Library Current\\J. Stewart\\Advanced General Relativity (21898)\\Advanced General Relativity - J. Stewart.djvu'
jakjak999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Where / What is the D: drive?
For many, it is a CD/DVD which is NOT RW capable
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #3
jakjak999
jakjak999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Yeah just a folder on D: drive. If I add a book I can delete it but everything from before update cant be deleted
jakjak999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakjak999 View Post
Yeah just a folder on D: drive. If I add a book I can delete it but everything from before update cant be deleted
Yo need to Change the ownership OR if you copied fro CD/DVD, remove the Read Only Flag (it inherits that from read only media)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote