Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #31
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Do you know anyone through gaming or other online activities that you would trust enough to get one and send to you and just reimburse them or send them the money up front? .
Thanks Ripplinger for your actually-useful response

As it turns out someone earlier was kind enough to point out the existence of 'freight forwarding companies' which I did not know existed.

Seems their whole thing is to help in similar situations.
The Freight Forwarder (FF) gives you a US/UK/whatever address for the seller to ship to.
It goes to the FF's own warehouse in that country.
Then they ship it to you.
All for a fee of course, but its quite reasonable.

Turns out that the earlier-mentioned VPost service in Singapore might be a reputable one, since Australia Post used them to run their own FF company...
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #32
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenji View Post
Obviously one customer makes little difference, but if many complain about the same thing, only a fool company wouldn't listen.

I'm sure you don't want to create a chilling effect by critiquing me for complaining do you?
One thing being complained about only seems to affect ons customer. The other complaints have been going on for years, so consider them a fool company.

Do you still plan on buying a Kobo?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:47 AM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I know, customers should just shut up and accept what they're given, right?
Let's not bother to change anything in the world.
Kids back down the mines, I say!
I think you need to reference Hitler next.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #34
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I think you need to reference Hitler next.
I don't believe in the Godwin thing.

So many people (or should I say trolls?) online demonstrate a level of hard-headed unreachable stupidity that strong analogies are called for
Old 12-03-2021, 09:51 AM   #35
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
One thing being complained about only seems to affect ons customer. The other complaints have been going on for years, so consider them a fool company.
Yep, bad or outmoded companies get away with it.
Until they don't.

Ever heard of MySpace? Video Ezy?

They might stumble on...until a competitor arises to eat their lunch.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #36
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

But I know...people shouldn't complain.
It's pure evil.
Never has any effect.
Such ungrateful nonconformists should be liquidated.

Fanboys and shills everywhere, unite against the interlopers!
Old 12-03-2021, 11:13 AM   #37
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
But I know...people shouldn't complain.
It's pure evil.
Never has any effect.
Such ungrateful nonconformists should be liquidated.

Fanboys and shills everywhere, unite against the interlopers!
You seem to live in a world of extremes, perhaps come join the rest of society where there’s a spectrum for these things.

Just to demonstrate your proclivity towards extremes, anyone who has disagreed with you is labeled as troll, shill, etc. A luxury device not being tailored to individual fringe users desires is equatable to child labor. When a user’s complaints are either refuted or explained as something which the has been the way it is and you’re told about it when going through it, it means you are pure evil etc.

Though I’m sure you’ll dismiss this as more trolling.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:51 AM   #38
Prepper
Connoisseur
Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Prepper can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Forma
If no one else is willing to help you out, PM me and I'll give you my address to ship it to and then I'll ship it to you in Australia and you can pay the shipping there after or something. Posting here publicly so nobody thinks I'm a scammer.

I have the Forma (after my wife stole my Aura One) and I love it, so I'm glad to help.
Prepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:43 AM   #39
spacepope
Zealot
spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spacepope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 3, Smartphone
I know it's not much help, but I did check stock in Japan for you! Not really anything available sadly 😢 Japan has tons of freight forwarders and shipping to Australia is cheaper.

I can find the Forma 8GB for an ok price (?), but not the 32GB. I always keep an eye on Kobo listings in Japan, if you're still on the market
spacepope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 02:12 AM   #40
LivresInOz
LivresInOz

Talking Who are all these lovely people?!

What lovely people we have on this forum !

(It took me a couple of days to see these posts, but...)

Spacepope, thank you so much for that...and Prepper, you've honestly boosted my faith in human nature with SUCH a kind offer - fair dinkum mate! :P