Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2021, 10:30 AM   #46
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Is it possible to disable the gyro? I have it locked to portrait but it still switches to up or down if I tilt the device. I only ever hold it with my right hand, so the switching is just annoying and waste battery
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Barty: Context? .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2021, 02:30 PM   #48
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The angles are customizable in the developer options. Setting other values would probably require patching. Or telnet access and writing directly to /sys/devices/platform/soc/2100000.aips-bus/21a0000.i2c/i2c-0/0-001e/input/input2/tilt_angle* setting to 0 seems to disable rotation altogether, although I'm not familiar with gyro sensors so I can't really tell, what those values represent exactly.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:21 PM   #49
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation, @diamonddust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddust View Post
Hopefully after ejecting the Kobo Libra 2 will reboot and it should have the NickelMenu with the KOReader.
The Kobo Libra 2 was rebooting and the NickelMenu is with the KOReader and the KOReader works fine on my Kobo Libra 2.

You are my hero
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:42 AM   #50
FireFrog
Enthusiast
FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.FireFrog reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle 2019, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddust View Post
Hopefully after ejecting the Kobo Libra 2 will reboot and it should have the NickelMenu with the KOReader.
If I wish to uninstall KOReader, do I simply need to factory reset?
FireFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, you can just remove the folder (.adds/koreader), as well as uninstall any and all launchers if need be (check their respective docs).
Old 11-16-2021, 07:26 PM   #52
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Barty: Context? .
It's a Libra 2 thread, so that's what I'm referring to

In Nickle, you have these options with rotation: auto rotate, lock to portrait, lock to landscape. With the latter two options, the screen will still flip up/down (portrait lock) or left/right (landscape lock) if you tilt the device. I want it to stop doing that.
Old 11-16-2021, 11:43 PM   #53
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

In Nickle, you have these options with rotation: auto rotate, lock to portrait, lock to landscape. With the latter two options, the screen will still flip up/down (portrait lock) or left/right (landscape lock) if you tilt the device. I want it to stop doing that.
Ah, so you want the screen to lock to "Right handed portrait" position so even if you turn it over and hold it with your left hand, it will be locked into that position?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:45 PM   #54
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post

As this is a thread about modding, I think the context @NiLuJe was referring to was what are you running on it? nickel, KOReader or Plato. Or even something else. And there is also where in these you are. The behaviour when reading can be different than using other parts of the UI.

If you are just using the Kobo software, nickel, there may be a patch for it. There are threads to discuss the patches. And enabling the Developer mode gives access to some extra settings you can try.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 06:59 AM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That is indeed what I meant, thanks. (And I also initially thought we were in the OCP thread, my bad ^^).
Old 11-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #56
Barty
doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Ah, so you want the screen to lock to "Right handed portrait" position so even if you turn it over and hold it with your left hand, it will be locked into that position?
Yes! I only ever use my right hand, having no left hand 😂
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As this is a thread about modding, I think the context @NiLuJe was referring to was what are you running on it? nickel, KOReader or Plato. Or even something else. And there is also where in these you are. The behaviour when reading can be different than using other parts of the UI.

If you are just using the Kobo software, nickel, there may be a patch for it. There are threads to discuss the patches. And enabling the Developer mode gives access to some extra settings you can try.
I'm using nickel, sorry for not being clear. In Plato, you can indeed lock to one orientation. There's currently no patch for it that I can see. I grepped all the yaml files in Kobopatch for rotat and orient

I'll look up developer mode and see if there's something there

Edit: in dev menu, you can set orientation to portrait but it'll still rotate to inverted portrait when you tilt the device

Last edited by Barty; 11-18-2021 at 11:42 AM.