Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-16-2021, 05:44 AM   #211
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
New reindexing of the entire library.
No luck.
I requested to index the new books (naturally there were no new books) and the problem has been repeated exactly.

I forgot to say that searches (even for the entire library) are performed practically instantaneously, as always.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:56 AM   #212
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Damn. I've had similar issues in the past with the indexing getting laggy and re-creating it worked for me.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2021, 04:10 PM   #213
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just as an FYI, ElasticSearch does suffer from the Log4j vulnerability. Anyone using ElasticSearch should update to 7.16.1 as the minimum.

As a workaround, you can add '-Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true" to the jvm options.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-17-2021 at 04:41 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 06:49 PM   #214
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just as an FYI, ElasticSearch does suffer from the Log4j vulnerability. Anyone using ElasticSearch should update to 7.16.1 as the minimum.
I've downloaded the 7.16.1 msi - do I need to uninstall the old version first, or can I just run the msi?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 01:14 AM   #215
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I've downloaded the 7.16.1 msi - do I need to uninstall the old version first, or can I just run the msi?
The new version will uninstall the older version as part of the install process. While log4j is unlikely to be an issues on most personal use computers, I did find my laptop being scanned when connected to the WiFi at a meeting venue.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2022, 10:49 AM   #216
basemaly
basemaly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Search within specific tags

Hello. I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I can't find a way to do a full-text search within specific tags. For example, if how would I search for "group exercises" only within books with the "collaboration" tag? Thank you!
basemaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 12:37 PM   #217
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by basemaly View Post
Hello. I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I can't find a way to do a full-text search within specific tags. For example, if how would I search for "group exercises" only within books with the "collaboration" tag? Thank you!
Do the search first, then add tags:"=collaboration" to Calibre's search.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:44 AM   #218
midnightmane
midnightmane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Calibre
question

any way to get past the 10000 limit?
midnightmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #219
dsinger66
dsinger66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question about proximity search term values

Hello. Thank you very much for your hard work and the time you put into it!

In your description of the program's search options, you wrote:

It's possible to write even more complex queries by using regular expressions put in forward slashes:
Example: /14[1-2][0-9]/ renaissance

Since this query only contains one search term, I assume that there is an implied search term or expression in quotation marks preceding it, since these must be proximity search term values.

Are [1-2][0-9] meant to be examples of possible proximity values other than /14?

In other words, does the following language accurately convey what you meant by the excerpt I quoted in the indented paragraph above?

It's possible to write even more complex queries by using regular expressions put in forward slashes:
Numbered examples:
1. [implied search term or implied expression in quotation marks] /14 renaissance
2. [implied search term or implied expression in quotation marks] /1-2 renaissance
3. [implied search term or implied expression in quotation marks] /0-9 renaissance

If so, would ether /14 renaissance search for instances where the term ether (as in ether theories hypothesizing the existence that an invisible space-filling medium was involved in gravitational forces) is precisely 14 words away from the term renaissance?

Would ether /1-2 renaissance search for instances where exactly one or two words separate ether from renaissance, but not instances of ether renaissance or renaissance ether? (Since you provided /0-9 as what appears to be another example of proximity values, it seems that /1 would require one word between the two search terms).

And would the query ether* /0-9 renaissance search for ether, ethers, ether-theory, etc. within nine words of renaissance?

I'm very sorry if this has already been discussed. I checked the first three or four pages of comments, and had the impression that it probably had not been discussed.

Also, my response was longer than I intended, but I hope it is helpful if my guesses are correct.
dsinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:58 PM   #220
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinger66 View Post
Since this query only contains one search term, I assume that there is an implied search term or expression in quotation marks preceding it, since these must be proximity search term values.

Are [1-2][0-9] meant to be examples of possible proximity values other than /14?
You misunderstood it. The search term between forward slashes is a Regular Expression. Looking at the example:
Code:
/14[1-2][0-9]/ renaissance
That means it will search for "14XY renaissance", where X may vary from 1 to 2, and Y from 0 to 9.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 06:53 PM   #221
Cicatriz
Cicatriz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Hi, great plugin.

I had everything working for about a year but following a recent fresh install of my OS, I've been a bit stuck trying to get things up and running again.

I see this error every time I attempt a search.

Code:
calibre, version 5.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'int' object has no attribute 'get'

calibre 5.3 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 1, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 275, in on_search_all
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 287, in on_search
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 433, in _reindex
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 578, in do_search
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'get'
I've tried rolling back to a slightly earlier version of Calibre, which has made no difference. I've also tried a couple of different elasticsearch versions. I've been a bit too lazy to bother with the certificates so eventually stuck witht he MSI version.
Cicatriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:11 PM   #222
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Hi,

First and foremost you need to check if http://localhost:9200/ is reachable - just open it in your browser and see if it works.
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #223
Cicatriz

Hi,

Yes, the server is running and accessible.
Old 02-20-2022, 06:04 PM   #224
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Version 2.1.2 released! What's new in this release:
* Fixed crash on multi-display environments
* Fixed limit of max 10k results
I attached new version to the second post in this thread. Please give it a try. However it should be stable enough.
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 06:00 PM   #225
Cicatriz

Thanks mapozyan.

That didn't help, but I've upped the logging in elastic search and I think the problem's in there. I'll spend a bit more time debugging that for now.