Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #1
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast
LUEBECKER began at the beginning.

Device: IPhoneXR & iPad Pro
Cool Calibre 3.4 Web Server Error

I am using FireFox 54 and now when I try to log onto the calibre server I get the following error: Could not initialize database - You must allow calibre to use IndexedDB storage in your browser to read books. I haven't made any changes to my browser and don't know how to correct this error. Can anyone help out on this?
LUEBECKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Indexeddb is broken in your firefox, probably because of a corrupted profile. If you google firefoc indexeddb not working you should get some fixes. Or use a new profile.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast
LUEBECKER began at the beginning.

Device: IPhoneXR & iPad Pro
Kovid,
Thanks for the quick reply. Couldn't figure out how to correct the profile so i jsut installed the Beta 55 version of Firefox and that solved the probem.
LUEBECKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
Miskin
Miskin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
I had the same problem; after disabling the private browsing mode everything was smooth.
Miskin is offline   Reply With Quote