Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-05-2021, 11:10 AM   #376
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Reviews claim actually it ONLY supports DRM free epub. Perhaps it's pretty junk.

Use calibre's ereader. Works great on Win10, Linux & Mac.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:13 PM   #377
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Would like to use this MS Store app to open EPUB files, any idea how?

Aquile Reader: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/aq...r/9p08t4jltqnk

Cheers.

Looks and feels an awful lot like the now defunct Edge Epub viewer which was my favourite Windows Epub viewer. This could become my new favourite.

It's one of those MS Store Apps that gets locked up in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - i.e. it's not a regular .exe.

But, if you uncheck EPUB in Preferences->Behaviour->Use internal viewer for: and make Aquile your Windows default application for opening Epubs then you won't need the built-in or plugin Open With.

If you really want an Open With option, you could try creating a command file for Aquile via this process ==>> Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line Solved - Windows 10 Forums. Then hook the command file into the built in Open With, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-06 094419.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	188542

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #378
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

Looks and feels an awful lot like the now defunct Edge Epub viewer which was my favourite Windows Epub viewer. This could become my new favourite.

It's one of those MS Store Apps that gets locked up in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - i.e. it's not a regular .exe.

But, if you uncheck EPUB in Preferences->Behaviour->Use internal viewer for: and make Aquile your Windows default application for opening Epubs then you won't need the built-in or plugin Open With.

If you really want an Open With option, you could try creating a command file for Aquile via this process ==>> Method to open any Windows 10 Apps from command line Solved - Windows 10 Forums. Then hook the command file into the built in Open With, viz:

Attachment 188542

BR
Cool! Thanks!
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:26 PM   #379
Frizzell
Enthusiast
Frizzell began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader & Prestigio on Android
Adding additional editors

Common uses are to allow editing a specific format of a book in an external editor (such as to edit an EPUB in Sigil), or to edit the cover of a book in an external graphics program to crop/resize it.

Kiwidude,
I can't add Jutoh to the 'Open With' plugin, but I sure would like to. Would you be willing to add Jutoh to the pre-programmed list alongside Sigil for say a $20 donation? When I click on the plugin Help all I get is some kind of error, so I can't learn how to do it myself.
The default directory for Jutoh install is C:\Program Files\Jutoh\jutoh.exe

I totally understand if you don't wish to add this particular ebook editor.

Thanks for reading and thanks for creating the plugin,
Frizzell

Last edited by Frizzell; 10-06-2021 at 10:10 PM.
Frizzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #380
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kiwidude has not been around for quite some time.
BUT
You can customize the PI
Just click the + on the right side and fill in the blanks:
or with care, edit open_with.json in the config /plugins folder:
typical data block (blocks are comma seperated)

Code:
        "appPath": "", 
        "active": false, 
        "menuText": "", 
        "image": "", 
        "subMenu": "", 
        "format": "", 
        "appArgs": ""
      },
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2021, 10:13 PM   #381
Frizzell
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply theducks. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this sort of thing. I just work on my books.

Frizzell
Old 10-07-2021, 12:09 AM   #382
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzell View Post
Common uses are to allow editing a specific format of a book in an external editor (such as to edit an EPUB in Sigil), or to edit the cover of a book in an external graphics program to crop/resize it.

Kiwidude,
I can't add Jutoh to the 'Open With' plugin, but I sure would like to. Would you be willing to add Jutoh to the pre-programmed list alongside Sigil for say a $20 donation? When I click on the plugin Help all I get is some kind of error, so I can't learn how to do it myself.
The default directory for Jutoh install is C:\Program Files\Jutoh\jutoh.exe

I totally understand if you don't wish to add this particular ebook editor.

Thanks for reading and thanks for creating the plugin,
Frizzell
As @theducks said, it should just be adding the application through the configuration. That means clicking the add button and filling in the fields presented. These are:
  • Title - What you want to appear in the menu. Probably just "Jutoh"
  • Submenu - Can usually be ignored, but this allows multiple entries in a submenu.
  • Format - What book format to choose to open. You probably want to choose "EPUB".
  • Image - An icon to show on the menu. If anything, you probably want the Jutoh icon, but, that can be done later.
  • Application path - The path to the executable. That should be what you have above.
  • Args - Any arguments that are needed when Jutoh is started.

The "Args" are probably the main problem. If there is nothing in this field, the plugin will start the application with the path to the book file. If other parameters are needed, you will need to add them. I don't use Jutoh, so can't say what is needed.

I suggest you try the above and see what happens. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then hopefully you will get an error message and we can work from that.

As to the help, I have to say "whoops". I have done some maintenance of the plugin, but, I obviously missed that. What's worse it is was a common problem and I have fixed it in other places but didn't think of this one.

And, I should also mention that there are probably two other ways to achieve this.

Firstly, if you have Jutoh associated with the book format you want to edit (meaning you can double-click on the book in explorer to open it), then you can change the preferences in calibre to use the OS settings to open the book.

And calibre has it's own "Open with". This will prompt you to select the application to open the book with. I think it remembers previous choices so that you can use them easily, but, it isn't something I do often enough to remember.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 05:09 AM   #383
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the reply theducks. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this sort of thing. I just work on my books.

Frizzell
You might want to try calibre's built in Open With ==>> Configuring and using Calibre's built in Open With - MobileRead Forums

BR
Old 10-07-2021, 09:05 AM   #384
Frizzell
Enthusiast

THANKS davidfor!!!

Your instructions got me setup for Jutoh. I evidently don't need the argument field.

Frizzell
Old 11-23-2021, 09:03 PM   #385
Frizzell
Enthusiast

Need 'Help' info on making Open With 'Arguments'

Is there any 'Help' info on how to make arguments for entries? The Help link within the plugin window doesn't work, and I'm wanting to see if I can make an argument that will let me launch Jutoh editor and import the epub at the same time. Jutoh isn't a quick editor like Sigil. It requires one to import the epub to a new Jutoh file (ex: bookfile.jutoh). It's not a big deal, but the way I'm using Open With now, I have to first manually launch Jutoh so it's already running in the background to facilitate the import function when I use the plugin. In other words, the Open With plugin works great at launching the Jutoh Import window. It just doesn't launch the program first.

Thanks for any assistance,
Frizzell

Last edited by Frizzell; 11-23-2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #386
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
<snip>

Thanks for any assistance,
Frizzell
Did you try the built-in Open With

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-23-2021 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-24-2021, 12:38 AM   #387
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is there any 'Help' info on how to make arguments for entries? The Help link within the plugin window doesn't work, and I'm wanting to see if I can make an argument that will let me launch Jutoh editor and import the epub at the same time. Jutoh isn't a quick editor like Sigil. It requires one to import the epub to a new Jutoh file (ex: bookfile.jutoh). It's not a big deal, but the way I'm using Open With now, I have to first manually launch Jutoh so it's already running in the background to facilitate the import function when I use the plugin. In other words, the Open With plugin works great at launching the Jutoh Import window. It just doesn't launch the program first.
Does Jutoh have any parameters that would allow the epub to be passed in? If so, we need to know what they are. Or, if you can use the Open with from Windows it should work. The only other thing is to select "EPUB" in the "Format" option for the entry in the configuration. That will pass the epub file to Jutoh when it is opened.

If you need to import the epub after opening Jutoh, there probably isn't any way to do it.

I don't use Jutoh, and I don't know how it works. Someone who does, may be able to tell you how to do it. Or their support forum might have the answer.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:37 AM   #388
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Version 1.7.0

• Changes for the upcoming PyQt6.

Last edited by capink; 02-02-2022 at 03:47 PM. Reason: zip moved to first post.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:34 PM   #389
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't use this plugin anymore. Can anyone of those who downloaded the latest beta confirm it is working without problems? I'd like to move this to the first post if it is working.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:03 AM   #390
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

I don't use it much either. But, I have tried it with both the 5.35 and 5.99.5. Everything I tried worked.

Tags
conversion, kepubify