Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-06-2021, 07:34 PM   #1
Dartwada
Dartwada began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Firmware options

I recently repaired my PRS-300 and I've been wondering about custom firmware options. For the past week or so, I've been looking into it, but I think by virtue of this being a twelve year old device, a lot of the info online is hard to find or obviously outdated

The mobileread wiki (which appears to be updated very rarely in many cases, much less this one) claims that there is an alternate reader program available called "ebook applications", but the link no longer goes to whatever it used to. I also couldn't find information on what prs+ can do, or even if it works on the 300. Can anyone help me?
Dartwada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:07 PM   #2
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
Hi,

try this link

https://code.google.com/archive/p/prs-plus/

downloading the firmware for PRS300 is still working.
I'm using it for my PRS-505, 350 and 650, and I like it very much.

acanthicus
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by acanthicus View Post
Hi,

try this link

https://code.google.com/archive/p/prs-plus/

downloading the firmware for PRS300 is still working.
I'm using it for my PRS-505, 350 and 650, and I like it very much.

acanthicus
404. That's an error.

The project prs-plus was not found.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:18 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did not get a 404 error. Seems to be all there.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:06 PM   #5
Dartwada
Dartwada began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Yeah it gives a 404 error sometimes. It appears that prs+ hasn't been touched since 2011?
Dartwada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:15 PM   #6
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
When looking at the website mentioned above, the last update was in december 2012. The last firmware for PRS-300 is 2.1.01alpha from 2.2012
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 12:52 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
TBH, it's not worth tinkering with PRS+ because the support for it is dead. You can do better with a Kobo.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did not get a 404 error. Seems to be all there.
Ah, XHR for google apis was blocked. Google is tracking who accesses the page and and unless you let them, they pretend the page doesn't exist. Very naughty.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote