Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #1
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
aluratek libre new firmware

I noticed that version 16h is available on the aluratek website.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Mahmud
Mahmud began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I upgraded my Libre but I didn't notice much that's different other than a new "About" item in the menu on books loaded from Adobe Digital Editions. What I would really love in a new firmware is a "find" function when reading epub formatted books.
Mahmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Nice to know, thanks tselling for the info! Gave you credit @ the sticky.

Per the sticky:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=70171&page=2

doug38 posted:

Libre firmware v.16 not for all
Checking with Aluratek's Tech Support, I learn that the firmware v.16 may not be needed by most users, since it is intended to: 1.fix the eject problem on MAC; 2.fix the time sync issue with PC; and 3.fix/update internal Adobe Digital Edition Support.

Bottom line was, TSupport suggested staying comfortably with v.15 for now.

Last edited by uRwhatUr; 06-18-2010 at 07:58 PM.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Anyone getting any errors? Tried several times and get this CRC errors:

################################################## ###
Testing archive: AEBK01WF.zip -- 6/18/2010 8:08 PM

Testing: firmware\
Testing: firmware\AluratekBook-v0.16h.bin
--> CRC ERROR
Testing: +(Ü
§ê#OP'+(Ä¢nsƒñnlê¦+¦-¦ò-N,yUì¿DB~>a9)Rxî ôF<§Qx¦xjôV}â-Mvó+b-(næOV~úµ)ƒ¦»O+I+ml3<*+)-,6oci[KVNô½"O:1gѦÜn?G-B +_দ-*MkO«¥{
8»ì¦Ñá+l8ßÅ+Å?x!½»_6t-'öµ<·\ ôñF+5í¦)Ʀ`+TÉ+++¼KzH++¦)PñL]q¢£±P§+Dƒ=±£C*:XE-ó4n3#ÿ+¦+%+¦n½.Ü)+°¦¦$Ége+ñKZV+]Q¿u¦ê4+\¦4.;în+GZ]áfvñ9+0-wóv
--> CRC ERROR
Done. -- 6/18/2010 8:08 PM
Warning: 2 Error(s) found in the archive: AEBK01WF.zip
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Never mind, got it to work. Extracting file to SD card didn't work, but extracting file to PC showed no errors, then copied file to SD card.
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Ochoa
Ochoa began at the beginning.

Hello! I`m new here.
I upgraded from 0.15h to 0.16h. I`m very happy that now it handles tables of contents correctly and scrolling in pdfs improved. However, another thing that changed is that now books are open in reflow mode by default, which is annoying for me since I´m currently reading mainly pdfs with mathematical expressions, that aren`t shown correctly in the reflow mode, so i have to set it off every time i open a pdf (and i jump rather often from one pdf to another).
Is there some way to set the reflow mode off by default? Or a previous firmware in which it is off by default, and tables of content are handled fine?
Ochoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
Hello,

For the brave souls that have updated their Libre software, can you update us if you found any more changes compared to 0.15k?

By the way, what was the "time sync" issue with the PC. I wasn't aware that there was such an issue. Thanks.
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #8
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Mine shipped with the v16 firmware and I haven't been able to use ToC's at all (I posted a thread about this earlier this week). Is there a setting I need to enable to get ToC support, or is my firmware stupid?

Also, I thought I had heard about a v17 firmware, but it's not on the website.
Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #9
Mahmud
Mahmud began at the beginning.

I upgraded and I can now use TOC's but only with pdfs, not with epub books.
Mahmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #10
uRwhatUr
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmud View Post
I upgraded and I can now use TOC's but only with pdfs, not with epub books.

@Sinner3k - 2nd post in the "sticky":
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70171
Old 06-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Hmm, my libre has the 0.15 firmware - do I need to upgrade it?
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
aluraread
aluraread began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre
thanks for the info Mahmud

re: TOC on *PDF* works GRRRR got my libre today overall I like the design and I really like
the display. However, it shipped with 0.14n or somesuch and I decided to upgrade to 0.17h being that's three revs lotta bug work done, WRONG! epub files do not pan at all, prior to receipt of the libre i converted a good 1/3 of my book collection of pdfs to EPUB thinking that would be a more native format for an ereader. i still have the original pdfs so I'm not completely hosed, but calibre ain'''t exactly fast, so a lotta processor time//load wasted, at least thanks to this forum I know pdf might work better, NO PANNING in EPUB, wtf???
Ok so I had panning in epub before the upgrade but the main reason I got this was I'm middle aged (sight sux) and if I zoom in I need to pan, if I have to keep the font at the source size I can't see sh(T and if I can't pan I can't see the document. wtf? come on aluratek pull yer head out.
aluraread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #13
aluraread
aluraread began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre
what's really irritating is..

sorry for the followup to my own post, but what really aggravates me, I KNEW from the look and feel of aluratek's site, they wouldn't have links to to previous revisions of their software and now I'm stuck with crappy (at least for the weekend) non-bug-fix software "upgrade".
my recommendation: don't upgrade unless you absolutely need Adobe Digital Edition, ain't nothing good offered.
aluraread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
uRwhatUr
Groupie

[QUOTE=aluraread;1001814]re: I decided to upgrade to 0.17h being that's three revs lotta bug work done, /QUOTE]

You must mean .16h as that was the latest version available as of 6/18/2010 on their website.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #15
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Libre firmware v.16 not for all
Checking with Aluratek's Tech Support, I learn that the firmware v.16 may not be needed by most users, since it is intended to: 1.fix the eject problem on MAC; 2.fix the time sync issue with PC; and 3.fix/update internal Adobe Digital Edition Support.

Bottom line was, TSupport suggested staying comfortably with v.15 for now.
I could benefit from having Mac eject issue fixed, though just pulling the plug hasn't seemed to hurt anything. Unsure about the 3rd issue, is it a big deal?
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote