Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
series metadata feature request

Would it be possible to add a menu option under edit metadata to just download series info?

I have noticed that the series metadata field is now often auto filled which is a good thing.
Unfortunately it does not always match what I have for other volumes in series. Doesn't always match other downloaded ones either but usually does.

I know I can bulk edit and will probably do so, but would be nice to have auto

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No end to menu option if I start down that road I intend at some point to have a bulk download wizard that will allow you to specify what metadata you want downloaded by picking them out of a list.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh well. Sounds good but I will have edited tham all by then being a bit anal about things matching up.
Thanks anyway
Old 07-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Oh well. Sounds good but I will have edited tham all by then being a bit anal about things matching up.
Thanks anyway
By "Match up", you mean the spelling?

highlight all the books,
click the edit meta-data button
Type/pick the name yo want to have them all be.
OK

Note yo will need to RE-ASSIGN the series index numbers. Make notes before you start
The same trick works for bulk correcting other fields.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
highlight all the books,
click the edit meta-data button
Type/pick the name yo want to have them all be.
OK
Thank you
I will robably just do bulk editing as it seems easier to line them all up by series and paste the most common name and auto number when I can. no big deal, I was just hopingOnly 5126 books to go

Last edited by speakingtohe; 07-01-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Advert