Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #1
kmj1
kmj1 began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook & Sony PRS-300
Question Anyone ever experience this with a PRS-300?

I just got a PRS-300 and when I took it out of the box and looked at the screen you could see a faint image of the welcome screen if you looked closely and at the right angle. Granted it was very faint. As soon as I powered it up the screen looked clean. It kinda looks like screen burn in or ghost on a monitor if you've ever seen that sorta thing. It seems to only be on the last screen shown. So whatever the last screen was is what you would see ghosted on the screen when you turn it off. Is this normal or a problem?

Thanks,
kmj1
kmj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
kmj1
kmj1 began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook & Sony PRS-300
anyone?
kmj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Yes. But it is not that big of a deal--barely noticeable. The Kindle 2 was much worse.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:41 AM   #4
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I get this on the sony 600 which is noticeable when there has been very dark black text/images on the previous page. So I guess it's normal and it doesn't spoil my reading any.

Think it's called ghosting from what I've gleaned elsewhere and won't harm your screen in any way.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have this with my 300 too (especially when I shut it down at night) but it doesn't bother me any as the image quickly disappears once I start it up again.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Ghosting from the previous screen is perfectly normal on E-ink screens. It will be most prominent if the previous screen contained darker images or darker text.

You can leave a single page open for an extended period of time and will not have a burn in effect similiar to other technologies.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
arekieh
Connoisseur
arekieh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600 (OTW), PRS-300B (For Sale)
i have that too, but when i fully turn it off any ghosting images disappear. sometimes its there sometimes its not.. its wierd
arekieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
jlbfoot
idiot
jlbfoot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, 300, and 650
Yep...normal. It goes away if you turn the lights out (until you turn them back on).
jlbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is entirely normal and occurs on all eInk screens. It's the reason for the black "flash" between pages.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote