Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
RonenA
RonenA began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello From Toronto

Hi Guys!
I was wondering if there is anywhere on the forum where I can request a book. I've been looking everywhere for Lattimore's translation Homer's Odyssey. I need it for a class. I hear its great too.
RonenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
If it's not in the MR library, you might try Project Gutenberg on the Internet (I'm assuming it's in the public domain) or send a message to HarryT. He is the Classics guru IMO on MR. He might be able to help you.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi RonanA and welcome to MobileRead

Diesel-ebooks has a copy of Lattimore's translation. You don't list a device, so I assume you are reading it on your pc. You can download either mobipocket or adobe software to read it on your computer.

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...The-eBook.html
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your book (and your class!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi RonenA and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert