Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 01:21 AM   #1
ranapw3
ranapw3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Unhappy Jailbroke my new PW3 but now after resetting device cant Install any Plugin

I jailbroke my new PW3 (serial no: G090), updated to latest fw 5.8.10, installed plugins like kual, koreader without any issue but unfortunately none of the plugins worked. so later reset my device and tried again, hence problem got started.
Now after placing Kual KDK 2.0_azw2 on documents results kual showing error 'This device is not authorised as a test kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer.' Just worrying that my device lost JB as for now.
Even can't downgrade to initia 5.7.4_bin as i've downgrade is not supported now for current version. Please tell me how to fix this issue?
ranapw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranapw3 View Post
I jailbroke my new PW3 (serial no: G090), updated to latest fw 5.8.10, installed plugins like kual, koreader without any issue but unfortunately none of the plugins worked. so later reset my device and tried again, hence problem got started.
Now after placing Kual KDK 2.0_azw2 on documents results kual showing error 'This device is not authorised as a test kindle by the developer of this item. Please contact the developer.' Just worrying that my device lost JB as for now.
Even can't downgrade to initia 5.7.4_bin as i've downgrade is not supported now for current version. Please tell me how to fix this issue?
Please give a link to the directions you where following.

You where not follow ours (the original) at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Try reading it, you will discover the things you should not have done.
For instance:
Quote:
This is the ONLY TIME you should ever use the Reset menu entry in the lifetime of the device because it wipes out the jail break survival code that is about to be added in step 6 below.
NEVER AGAIN USE THE "Reset" MENU ENTRY. Never, ever, unless you intended to wipe out the jailbreak survival code. Which you really, really, need.
How could I have made that part of Step #2 any clearer?

Now that you have read it, you should know how to fix what you did: reinstall the 'hotfix' package.
Since you are running a consumer firmware build, you must use MrPI to install the hotfix.
Since KUAL will not run, you must use the search bar command to trigger the installation by MrPI.
Once you have carefully read through the all of the directions here, you will know how to do those things.

And if that doesn't work, then get your support where you got your directions.

Last edited by knc1; 07-20-2017 at 03:31 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 05:37 AM   #3
ranapw3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please give a link to the directions you where following.

You where not follow ours (the original) at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Try reading it, you will discover the things you should not have done.
For instance:

How could I have made that part of Step #2 any clearer?

Now that you have read it, you should know how to fix what you did: reinstall the 'hotfix' package.
Since you are running a consumer firmware build, you must use MrPI to install the hotfix.
Since KUAL will not run, you must use the search bar command to trigger the installation by MrPI.
Once you have carefully read through the all of the directions here, you will know how to do those things.

And if that doesn't work, then get your support where you got your directions.
Thanks a lot. Finally able to install Kual, Koreader with ease after hotfix-ing using mrpi. Now need to know how to read ePub/PDF files with Koreader. Installed Koreader with placing update_kpvbooklet_xxx_install.bin into mrpackages and with ;log mrpi command after that placing both unzipped extensions nd koreader folders on kindle's extension nd /root path respectively. Then i launched koreader from Kual but it always to loop back to homepage.
okay using kpvbooklet latest 0.6.5 version, PDF nd epub file is managed to show in the homepage but when trying to launch it, page got blank for a while and it refreshed back to homepage again. how to fix this issue?

Last edited by ranapw3; 07-20-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Give the KOreader forum a chance to answer that one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=276
Old 07-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #5
ranapw3

Quote:
Give the KOreader forum a chance to answer that one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=276
BTW whever installing Kual with ;log mrpi command, there's a 'new' Kual launcher nd the 'beta' one was unable to be worked showing error contacting developer. Is it normal?
Advert
Old 07-20-2017, 11:26 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
BTW whever installing Kual with ;log mrpi command, there's a 'new' Kual launcher nd the 'beta' one was unable to be worked showing error contacting developer. Is it normal?
The 'mrpi' installer is only used with packages with a filename format of update_*.bin.

A PW3 is not an 8th generation device.
Only 8th generation devices require the booklet form of kual, which requires the use of mrpi.
Your PW3 does not require the booklet form of kual.

Delete whichever one does not work.

You installed more than just KOreader -
You also installed KPVbooklet -
That utility is sensitive to the firmware version (which determines the database version it is changing).
That might be your problem with KOreader.

As I posted, take your problem to the KOreader forum.
There are no KOreader experts left at this forum.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #7
ranapw3

Quote:
The 'mrpi' installer is only used with packages with a filename format of update_*.bin.

A PW3 is not an 8th generation device.
Only 8th generation devices require the booklet form of kual, which requires the use of mrpi.
Your PW3 does not require the booklet form of kual.

Delete whichever one does not work.

You installed more than just KOreader -
You also installed KPVbooklet -
That utility is sensitive to the firmware version (which determines the database version it is changing).
That might be your problem with KOreader.

As I posted, take your problem to the KOreader forum.
There are no KOreader experts left at this forum.
Thank you. Already posted this issue on KOreader forum. But now I come to recognize as i installed Kual 2.7 update_bin too using mrpi, is that ne issue Kual beta not installed? Why two 'new' nd 'beta' separate launcher installer?
Better should I replace my PW3 to get a new device? Really confused
Old 07-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thank you. Already posted this issue on KOreader forum. But now I come to recognize as i installed Kual 2.7 update_bin too using mrpi, is that ne issue Kual beta not installed? Why two 'new' nd 'beta' separate launcher installer?
Better should I replace my PW3 to get a new device? Really confused
What I read in your post was that you have two KUAL entries that show on the main screen.
One that works.
One that does not work.

Remove the one that does not work.

I do not know what you mean by: "KUAL beta" .

I do have both installed on my PW3, and they both work just fine.

One has a credit line: "ixtab NiLuJe twobob stepk" in "list view"
It shows a cover in "cover view"
That one, seen over the USB cable is:
/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2
It is an active document.

If that is the one that does not work - just delete it.

If you have an entry in /documents named:
/documents/KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2
That one is for the keyboard devices, not for the touchscreen devices.
Just delete it - it will not work on a PW3 (no keyboard, among other things).

The other KUAL does not have a credit line in "list view"
It does not have a cover in "cover view"
That one, seen over the USB cable is:
/documents/KUAL.kual (which is an empty place-holder).
That one is the booklet form.

If that is the one that does not work - use its uninstaller to remove it.

To remove the booklet form, from the KUAL archive, put:
Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_uninstall.bin
in the /mrpackages directory -
then trigger MrPI (either with the working KUAL or with the searchbar command).

You should be using the packages posted in NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
for your PW-3

The text of that post describes how to deal with archives that use xz compression.

= = = = =

You do not need a new PW-3
Of the two KUAL entries, just get rid of the broken one as described above.

Last edited by knc1; 07-20-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #9
ranapw3

Ok i can get rest of the things but what about using xz compression installation. I can pretty see the files inside kual*.tar.xz file using 7-Zip but how can i install it on pw3? Sorry for being noob. But you know I'm new and learning.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:44 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Ok i can get rest of the things but what about using xz compression installation. I can pretty see the files inside kual*.tar.xz file using 7-Zip but how can i install it on pw3? Sorry for being noob. But you know I'm new and learning.
What kind of computer are you on?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #11
ranapw3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What kind of computer are you on?
I'm on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by ranapw3; 07-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:33 AM   #12
ranapw3

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdbyb6diaq...B0530.png?dl=0
Old 07-21-2017, 04:47 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Correct.

Now install MrPI by carefully following the directions for its installation.

Then install the 'hotfix' package using MrPI.
Since KUAL does not run, you will have to trigger MrPI using the searchbar command as explained in the directions.

You MUST be able to read and follow directions on this site.
Otherwise both you and us are wasting our time.

Last edited by knc1; 07-21-2017 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:49 AM   #14
ranapw3

Quote:
Correct.

Now install MrPI by carefully following the directions for its installation.

Then install the 'hotfix' package using MrPI.
Since KUAL does not run, you will have to trigger MrPI using the searchbar command as explained in the directions.

You MUST be able to read and follow directions on this site.
Otherwise both you and us are wasting our time.
Thank you. Ok my last question; upto which version of 5.*.* of PW3 firmware, downgrade to initial is build possible as of now?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Thank you. Ok my last question; upto which version of 5.*.* of PW3 firmware, downgrade to initial is build possible as of now?
Open the spoiler in Step #7 to answer your own question.
I do not list firmware versions that can not be jailbroken.

Tags
jailbreak, pw3