Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-25-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
Kamikuza
Connoisseur
Kamikuza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
How do y'all do photos and captions?

Cleaning up a biography type book, where there is a section of photographs with captions at the end of the book...

Struggling to find a style that looks nice. I want the caption under the photo, and of course keep it on one page.

If you do one photo per "page"... When the photos are a normal-ish 8x10-type AR, it works ok. but when they're landscape, you get all this dead space under them. And when they're tall and skinny it looks silly with all the space at the side...

I've tried fitting say, 3 to a page but then the captions look silly or all the photos stacked on one side look silly or staggered photos start to look silly.

Suggestions?
Kamikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:55 AM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Use a svg wrapper. Read this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04#post3249504

and this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04&postcount=7

Regards
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #3
Kamikuza
Connoisseur
Kamikuza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Thanks for that!

Doesn't really work for me, as my OCD demands total control over the captions and I can't get it to do <small> or <b> etc...

Ah well.
Kamikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post

Doesn't really work for me, as my OCD demands total control over the captions and I can't get it to do <small> or <b> etc...
You can style captions inside a svg wrapper -as you wish- with css properties.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote