Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 10:38 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Ok--so I'm not able to use my chosen device, then?
I don't know what your chosen device is.
But if it has a browser and an internet connection, any device is able to be used. Whether you're willing or not is a different story. It might certainly be true that you don't care for the options you have, though.

But you're right; sites like Wattpad are probably not going to appeal to the eInk-only crowd.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-11-2015 at 11:25 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #17
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I will check Github. But it requires some pre-knowledge of the glorius command line =)

Anyway, I could host a webpage doing this if there is a need. But only if it could generate revenue enough to support itself (with ads and donations).
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #18
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't know what your chosen device is.
But if it has a browser and an internet connection, any device is able to be used. Whether you're willing or not is a different story. It might certainly be true that you don't care for the options you have, though.

But you're right; sites like Wattpad are probably not going to appeal to the eInk-only crowd.
So it's the same as it is for scribd.

For the record, I was able to install the app on my Onyx T68, but it's not a pleasant reading experience--I can't find a way to turn off the page turn animations, and those are bad enough on an lcd screen--on eink they're really bad.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So it's the same as it is for scribd.
I have no idea. Does scribd offer multiple ways to access your content?

Quote:
For the record, I was able to install the app on my Onyx T68, but it's not a pleasant reading experience--I can't find a way to turn off the page turn animations, and those are bad enough on an lcd screen--on eink they're really bad.
It's clearly not for you then.

I keep forgetting that Mobileread members are still predominantly married to the eink experience.

I don't mean that disparagingly at all. It's just that as a tablet reader, I'm quite used to using multiple apps and interfaces to read whatever I happen to be interested in at the moment. I no longer require a homogenous reading experience for all content. *shrug*
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #20
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This does what you want: https://github.com/de3sw2aq1/wattpad-ebook-scraper
Advert
Old 12-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #21
GERGE
Guru

Some biggish news: http://www.wuxiaworld.com/announcing...-92-on-kindle/

Bought it.