Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Amber Lit Converter is merging txt

Okay, I'm trying to convert some lit files. When I use Calibre it strips the italics from the story, so I tried using ABC Amber Lit Converter instead, and this one is merging the text at all the original paragraph breaks.

I tried using book designer as well and that one also stripped the italics from the story.

At this point, if anyone could point me towards any solution I'd greatly appreciate it.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One word: "ConvertLIT".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
ABC Amber converters need to be used with caution. The LIT converter is buggy, the SOny converter is not ready to be used, the PDF one outputs the worst RTF ever. All in all, ACK!

I've never had Calibre strip the italics from a LIT before. Never had BD mess the italics as well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One word: "ConvertLIT".

I've tried ConvertLIT but it gave me some weird error message about keys? I'll try again tonight, and see what happens.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ABC Amber converters need to be used with caution. The LIT converter is buggy, the SOny converter is not ready to be used, the PDF one outputs the worst RTF ever. All in all, ACK!

I've never had Calibre strip the italics from a LIT before. Never had BD mess the italics as well.
Yeah, I was surprised by the lack of italics and I double checked the LIT file to the LRF one Calibre produced but all the italics are gone. I'm not sure if I forgot to hit a setting or not? I generally left all the settings alone when I installed. I like Calibre because it's very easy to use but at this point I can't figure out what happened to the italics.
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard

Minor update. Figured out what I was doing wrong with ConvertLIT, didn't realize I needed to run the program from command prompt.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So is it all working now?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So is it all working now?
I haven't had the chance to test it out, but I'm hoping clit works as well as Harry T says. I'm still at work. Just 4 more hours to go...

I think I'm just going to back burner using Amber Lit because now that I think about it, it was also re-arranging chapters. I'm still baffled as to why Calibre is stripping italics. So reading the manual...