Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-07-2015, 10:31 AM   #16
Anavim
Enthusiast
Anavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAnavim can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Onyx BOOX Page, inkBOOK Onyx & Obsidian & Calypso+ (Android ;)
I know of a program, which correctly shows the texts in RTL languages: it is FBReader.
Do PocketBook software does not have the FBReader modules (like the Onyx firmware, or Boyue)?
Anavim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
PocketBook devices come with fbreader, but it may be an old version. I tried it on my Touch Lux, and it did a much better job of rendering than the version of AdobeViewer on the device (which couldn't render the text at all), but there were still many problems. I've attached a screen shot for anyone interested.

I managed to open the document with fbreader on the Inkpad, and it looked pretty much the same as the screen shot from the Touch Lux. The version of AdobeViewer on the Inkpad does a better job of rendering Arabic than the version of fbreader on the devices.

The latest versions of the PocketBook firmware have removed the ability to choose which application is to be used on a document. So, choosing fbreader.app over the default EPUB app isn't easy (I logged in remotely and launched fbreader from the command line).

Edit: fbreader.app allows you to set the direction of the text in its Settings menu, and that fixes the layout of the paragraphs. I haven't bothered to update the screen shot for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0012.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	139096  

Last edited by rkomar; 06-07-2015 at 04:14 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert