Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Free and bargain romance ebooks + Discussion October 2013

As requested, here is an outline of the purpose of this thread:

We point out free and bargain romances to each other, and recommend certain books that are/were free (or the opposite!).

Because Kindle freebies are easiest to find, the majority of the books listed are from Amazon, but freebies and bargains from other retailers and in other formats are more than welcome!

In case no retailer is specifically mentioned in a post, it is safe to assume it's for Amazon US.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

In addition to the freebies, sales, and coupons we do discuss reading apps and devices, books, and life in general a bit in this thread. Sometimes we go off on seemingly unrelated tangents, but we always find our way back…
Old 10-01-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Link to September thread - several new bargains posted on the last page.
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Laurla, I think you win this week! Dang girl, that's a great average though. And it does feel so good to get a bunch off your wishlist! I'm reading 'Crave' right now, almost done actually. I'd say so far 3-3.5, pretty predictable but I do love her writing.
It's a dubious win but I am very excited to close out the 2 Lora Leigh series which really upped the total $ amount. They were still 3.99 (4.27 with tax ) but that is much better than 7.99. With agency pricing gone, these very well may go on sale in the future but I don't think they will go to 50%. Ah well, if they do it will be far into the future and likely not all at once so I'm good with it...I can now actually read them - now that I have them all

I finished Crave last night... Yes, 3-3.5 for me too. Good writing, I enjoyed it even though it was predictable as you said. But mmm, it's like chocolate - you know what chocolate tastes like but you still want it (Crave it - ha!) and still enjoy it every single time

By the way, (probably OT), but I read Crave due to a reading challenge group on GR. For those that have trouble deciding on the next book to read, this challenge group could be the way to go... but if you're slightly OCD, be careful. People putting lists in front of you could be detriminal to your sleep if you can't help but read every single thing in the challenge or if your OCD makes you feel like you need to join every single challenge. Oy... I had to limit myself. But it did give me a lot of recs for October - some I already have, some I don't but there actually were enough options that if I didn't want to, I wouldn't have to purchase anything new. Okay, sorry for hi-jacking so far OT. Here is a link to the GR group - it's not private so anyone can join at any time. And here (if you care to look) is my list of challenges for the month
Old 10-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
It's a dubious win but I am very excited to close out the 2 Lora Leigh series which really upped the total $ amount. They were still 3.99 (4.27 with tax ) but that is much better than 7.99. With agency pricing gone, these very well may go on sale in the future but I don't think they will go to 50%. Ah well, if they do it will be far into the future and likely not all at once so I'm good with it...I can now actually read them - now that I have them all
I know what you mean, a few I bought I know will go on sale for $1, but I had to have them now!

Quote:
I finished Crave last night... Yes, 3-3.5 for me too. Good writing, I enjoyed it even though it was predictable as you said. But mmm, it's like chocolate - you know what chocolate tastes like but you still want it (Crave it - ha!) and still enjoy it every single time
Good one!

Quote:
By the way, (probably OT), but I read Crave due to a reading challenge group on GR. For those that have trouble deciding on the next book to read, this challenge group could be the way to go... but if you're slightly OCD, be careful. People putting lists in front of you could be detriminal to your sleep if you can't help but read every single thing in the challenge or if your OCD makes you feel like you need to join every single challenge. Oy... I had to limit myself. But it did give me a lot of recs for October - some I already have, some I don't but there actually were enough options that if I didn't want to, I wouldn't have to purchase anything new. Okay, sorry for hi-jacking so far OT. Here is a link to the GR group - it's not private so anyone can join at any time. And here (if you care to look) is my list of challenges for the month
Hmm, you know I had to go look! I see they're reading 'Wait For You" by J. Lynn. I LOVED that book, it's one of the few I gave 5 stars and is in my re-read pile, which I'll be doing before book 1.5 comes out this month.

And now for a rockstar freebie [maybe a countrystar?]: Forbidden Ballad by Reese Summers
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Heads up for anyone who borrows ebooks from the library--This I week noticed that Penguin added a lot of romance titles, some fairly new to my library's Overdrive catalog. They must have changed their policies, maybe because of the Penguin/Random House merger? I haven't heard anything for sure but for a while newer Penguin titles were only available via 3M's Library lending program. Of course a few of them I had bought with the Kobo coupon last month, thinking I'd never been able to get the ebook from the library
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahi View Post
Heads up for anyone who borrows ebooks from the library--This I week noticed that Penguin added a lot of romance titles, some fairly new to my library's Overdrive catalog. They must have changed their policies, maybe because of the Penguin/Random House merger? I haven't heard anything for sure but for a while newer Penguin titles were only available via 3M's Library lending program. Of course a few of them I had bought with the Kobo coupon last month, thinking I'd never been able to get the ebook from the library
Penguin changed their policy last week. They also said the sideloading only on Kindles rule is going away.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Penguin changed their policy last week. They also said the sideloading only on Kindles rule is going away.
Good news that the sideloading on Kindles is going away. I got a Kindle specifically so I could download everything via wifi!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

We were discussing the AAR Top 100 poll at the end of last's month's thread.

Here's a link to the ballot page if anyone is interested in submitting their favorites.

You do not have to submit the whole 100 titles. And you do not have to be a member of AAR to vote.

Poll is open from Oct 1 to Oct 20.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I haven't read this (and I'm a cover person and this doesn't really do it for me) but I know how you guys love your men in uniform (can't say i blame ya).... here's a freebie from B&N about a firefighter. Maybe worth a go since it's free

Loving The Fire Chief [NB] by Michelle Grotewohl

Quote:
J.D. and Carly were high school sweethearts who were seperated by patriotic duty and a marriage of necessity. More than a decade later, the two are reunited and forced into each other's company. While things are good between the old friends, familiar feelings start popping up in both of them, making life both wonderful and more difficult. Can they get over old hurts and embrace new possibilities?

Last edited by gabby98; 10-01-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The October DaNL featured selections are...

Born Wild by Julie Ann Walker / Contemporary (Early Access)

A Lady’s Secret Weapon by Tracey Devlyn / Historical (New Release)

My Lady Quicksilver by Bec McMaster / Paranormal (New Release)

The Bridesmaid by Julia London / Surprise Me! (New Release)

Awakening by Elene Sallinger / BONUS Title #1 (Early Access)

The Highland Bride’s Choice by Amanda Forrester / BONUS Title #2 (New Series)
Old 10-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #11
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
I was just typing this post with DANLs selection for this month, but AnemicOak was faster.

Some nice choices this month. I got Born Wild and My Lady Quicksilver.

What do you think about Tracey Devlyn's book. Anyone read anything from her? This one seams like fun, but it looks more like modern romance in long dresses, and not like regency.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I want the first four. I will use my two credits but not sure if I will buy another six pack.

I just ordered a Kindle Fire HDX! So now I need to work toward the Paperwhite. It takes the gift card amount immediately on pre-orders. I didn't know that but at least I wont accidentally spend it. I wonder if it works that way on books too.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I want the first four. I will use my two credits but not sure if I will buy another six pack.

I just ordered a Kindle Fire HDX! So now I need to work toward the Paperwhite. It takes the gift card amount immediately on pre-orders. I didn't know that but at least I wont accidentally spend it. I wonder if it works that way on books too.
The Bec McMaster is on sale at kobo for $2.99. Which means couponed it's cheaper than a credit.

Congrats on your Kindle Fire.

Edit: never mind on the sale price. It's books 2 that's on sale

Last edited by apesmom; 10-01-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post

Congrats on your Kindle Fire.
Thank you I have the very first Kindle Fire so this is a huge upgrade! Hubby is getting the old one he's pretty much claimed it lately but he is reading on it non fiction. Thank you Duck Dynasty! I never thought I see him reading on a Kindle it's a beautiful sight! *sniff sniff*
Old 10-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #15
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Congrats on the new Kindle Fire HDX, Blossom. Enjoy.
Closed Thread