Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #391
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hey, you're talking to the one who has only bought a total of 4 books this entire year!

Resistance is futile. Eventually everyone will join the pbook resistance, and stop buying pbooks. Only then the world will be safe for ereaders. The collective ("Big Six") cannot be defeated. Soon they'll deny ever being opposed to ebooks. This will be written out of history, naturally.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #392
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It's amazing how some people will struggle to avoid the obvious.

Resistance is futile. Eventually everyone will join the ebook resistance, and stop buying ebooks. Only then the world will be safe for paperbacks and hardbacks. The collective ("Big Six") cannot be defeated. Soon the scourge of ebooks will be no more.

Whoops... I think I might have said too much....
Hah! You've shown your true colors! The rat is a mole! For the publishers! The BIG SIX publishers!

Burn the infidel with copies of his own paperback books!

Run free my cohorts! Buy your ebooks without guilt! Use the bonfire to illuminate your ereaders!

Freedom!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #393
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Well I know I'm certainly well caught in the ebook web. I worked out today that I have some 540 odd ebooks (547 but a few of them were samples) that I've bought from Amazon this year so far. Most of those books were free at the time though so I don't need to feel too guilty about the $ I've spent anyway. I think my Kindle 3 has more than paid for itself though with all the books that I have for it. Course that leaves the problem of catching up on my reading, but that's another thread entirely. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #394
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Well I know I'm certainly well caught in the ebook web. I worked out today that I have some 540 odd ebooks (547 but a few of them were samples) that I've bought from Amazon this year so far. Most of those books were free at the time though so I don't need to feel too guilty about the $ I've spent anyway. I think my Kindle 3 has more than paid for itself though with all the books that I have for it. Course that leaves the problem of catching up on my reading, but that's another thread entirely. lol.
Freebies don't count. But it certainly sounds like you shouldn't by buying any more ebooks for a while. Join us!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #395
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Resistance is futile. Eventually everyone will join the ebook resistance, and stop buying ebooks. Only then the world will be safe for paperbacks and hardbacks. The collective ("Big Six") cannot be defeated. Soon the scourge of ebooks will be no more.

Whoops... I think I might have said too much....

And here I was trying to help myself and others overcome the compulsion to purchase too many ebooks. Just trying to do the right thing.

I feel used.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #396
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I feel used.
Is that bad or good?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #397
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

And here I was trying to help myself and others overcome the compulsion to purchase too many ebooks. Just trying to do the right thing.

I feel used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Is that bad or good?
I like to feel used, but I am a Submissve
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #398
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Is that bad or good?
I kind of saw that coming. I anticipated the implications of letting Poppaea transform me into the poster child for mischievous evil and playful debauchery.

But to answer your question, it's bad. For one thing, the Grand Wizard Rat pulling one over on Lucifer's Brat is costing me some major street cred. I may have to start a small war to restore my reputation. And people think raising hell is easy. Heh.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #399
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
TMI
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #400
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #401
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
I kind of saw that coming. I anticipated the implications of letting Poppaea transform me into the poster child for mischievous evil and playful debauchery.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #402
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I might have done something stupid. I signed up to be an amazon affiliate, picking the "pay me in Amazon giftcards" option. Which means that, I'll actually have funds to buy something at Amazon. Um. Oops. .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #403
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
I might have done something stupid. I signed up to be an amazon affiliate, picking the "pay me in Amazon giftcards" option. Which means that, I'll actually have funds to buy something at Amazon. Um. Oops. .
LOL Are you sure you didn't plan it that way? Maybe subconsciously? Oh, and FYI - the Alibris link in your sig is missing the semi-colon after the "http".
Old 06-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #404
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
LOL Are you sure you didn't plan it that way? Maybe subconsciously? Oh, and FYI - the Alibris link in your sig is missing the semi-colon after the "http".
Well.. Maybe a little bit. And thank you for telling me that the link wasn't working
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #405
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Lets try to remember this is a G rated forum. lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote