Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Lightbulb 24 Extra Hours in Space: What's an Astronaut to Do?

I was reading this article at Space.com and it did make me think.... Sony should send up some fully loaded Readers to the ISS!!! Even astronauts must have some down time, and with some Sony Readers up there they wouldn't need to take any more books up! They'd then only have to send up a new memory card occasionally. After the recent ISS computer trouble, I don't think they should try installing the Connect software on them!! How would they best be able to charge the Readers?
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Heh, it would certainly make for a fascinating advertisement campaign (Hint, hint, Sony!).
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
In fact, think of all the down time for all of mission control and astronauts when they are on the ground. It could also be a NASA internal (and external) gift shop item!

Just imagine an ad with an astronaut sitting in the prep room before boarding a space shuttle, reading his Sony Reader next to one of those silly "Library" signs like in the print ad. The caption could say something like 2 out of 3 astronauts prefer the Sony Reader!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Just imagine an ad with an astronaut sitting in the prep room before boarding a space shuttle, reading his Sony Reader next to one of those silly "Library" signs like in the print ad. The caption could say something like 2 out of 3 astronauts prefer the Sony Reader!
Photoshop!!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
"Sony Reader, a literally 'out of this world' reading experience!"
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #6
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
C'mon guys!!?!!

A 5 million trip like that? I'd have my nose glued to a window for the whole 24 hours so I'd never forget! Ever. That Earth is beautiful!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, but when you've been up there for a month and you're just waiting for your shuttle to leave ....

Last edited by NatCh; 06-22-2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Post # 4000! Yay!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
anotherchance
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
C'mon guys!!?!!

A 5 million trip like that? I'd have my nose glued to a window for the whole 24 hours so I'd never forget! Ever. That Earth is beautiful!
Sure is, and looking down from a plane is nice enough, but even that gets a bit samey after a while. It's not always possible to look out because of the sun glare though.

Do you ever consider the sun's position when you book your flight in relation to your direction of travel and which side of the plane you want to sit on? Or is that just me?
Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherchance View Post
Do you ever consider the sun's position when you book your flight in relation to your direction of travel and which side of the plane you want to sit on?
It hadn't occurred to me, but it's a good idea - I may start to pay attention in the future!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
anotherchance
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
It hadn't occurred to me, but it's a good idea - I may start to pay attention in the future!
Transatlantic flights are especially easy. It's left-side of the plane going to Europe, and right-side of the plane coming to N.America, so you're always facing North.

US flights are a bit more tricky, being dependent on the time of day and where you're headed, but it's worked well for me in the past. I just booked afternoon flights to/from Florida so I made sure I was facing East for both flights.