Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 08:26 AM   #1
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Borders Gift Card

Borders has a promotion (they did this last year before the holidays) where if you buy $50 of gift card (on $50 or 2-$25 USD) you get a free $10 gift card. This is a deal if you buy ebooks from Borders or want to buy a reader. Unsure if this works outside the US; sorry.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
linnygal
linnygal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
Borders has a promotion (they did this last year before the holidays) where if you buy $50 of gift card (on $50 or 2-$25 USD) you get a free $10 gift card. This is a deal if you buy ebooks from Borders or want to buy a reader. Unsure if this works outside the US; sorry.
Thanks for the info! Is there any restriction on how the free $10 gift card can be used??
I am thinking of getting 3 $50 giftcards and using all of them plus the 3 $10 giftcards to purchse a PRS650!!
linnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #3
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think so. You can use gift cards to purchase items online, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to purchase a reader.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
I don't think so. You can use gift cards to purchase items online, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to purchase a reader.
Actually, it appears that the mail a gift card to you so you can use it in store. I'm going to ask about it tomorrow and see if they honor it in the store, I'd like to buy one, but the book promotions will go off of their sale prices before I get it.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #5
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
I couldn't find this at the website, but in the email I got about this it says the $10.00 gift cards are only valid from 12/26 to 12/31/2010.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Website links
2 $25 + 1 $10 = $50 total cost
http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=068179237X

1 $50 + 1 $10 = $50 total cost
http://www.borders.com/online/store/...sku=0681030046

Thanks OP, there are a couple of Agency priced books I've really been wanting and right now this is the only way I know to get a discount on them. Hopefully Amazon will come through with some kind of special too.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
I couldn't find this at the website, but in the email I got about this it says the $10.00 gift cards are only valid from 12/26 to 12/31/2010.
I thought that was only if you upgraded to a "Borders Rewards Plus" Membership. I'm going to ask about it today. I'm hoping I can buy it in store as well as online.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
linnygal
linnygal began at the beginning.

Device: none
I saw that on the website that the promo is only available online till 13 Nov. You can see it on their main giftcard page..
http://www.borders.com/online/store/BGIView_giftcards

Hope this helps~
Let me know if they would honor it in store.
linnygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
There seems to be two promotions going on - an in store and an online. The instore offer says a $20 coupon with the date restrictions of when it is valid. It is unclear whether the $20 coupon would be good for online purchases or eBooks. The online offer appears to mail regular gift cards to you.

This is a copy of the offer in the email I received.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	borders_offer.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	60910  
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
I thought that was only if you upgraded to a "Borders Rewards Plus" Membership.
Nope - that's a different offer.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #11
jhempel24
Wizard

So I went into the store, and they didn't even know about the $50 or w $25 get $10 free, the only thing they had was the buy $100 get $20.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 AM   #12
mbelec
Addict

Well, I got notification that mine was shipped. And you can use the gift card online to make purchases. I've done it in the past. You could technically use gift cards to purchase gift cards. They usually make this offer again at Christmas time (they did last year).