Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 06:43 AM   #121
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Add a manual page break immediately before the title. As you say, there is a minimum length that a chapter has to be before it automatically appears in the TOC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:19 AM   #122
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it didn't work. I've attached an image (chapter 3 is the one that is not showing up) so you can see if I did something wrong:

Anyway, it's 4.00 a.m. and I should be sleeping, so I won't be able to post the book today. How frustrating, after all these hours.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 AM   #123
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you got the "User page breaks" box checked on the "Options" page of the "Make Sony Reader" dialog?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #124
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Yes.

By the way, it doesn't happen just with short chapters. There is at least one chapter quite long that doesn't appear on the ToC. Maybe the problem is that this book is fairly short (it's about 200 pages on the Reader) but has 37 chapters?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:10 PM   #125
David P
David P began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500
I deleted my copy of Book Designer (see earlier) and then tried to get the ciorrect one from //wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer. I don't seem to get any response from the site, but when I hit the Stop button after 5 minutes, I can see a screen about Book designer. No reaction when I click on a link though. I have tried this a couple if times, and I can see no activity at my end - the broadband activity lights are steady, and my ZoneAlarm monitor shows no activity either. Is it me? can I get Book Designer elsewhere?

David P
David P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #126
David P
David P began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500
No, it woke up this time.
David P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #127
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
formatting marked text

Harry, in your book designer tutorial you talked about the tedium of formatting marked text.

One possible alternative is to plug it into an online formatter (i.e. http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?...xt%20Formatter). I copied the text of an entire book into it and it formatted everything between underscores into lovely italic text, and deleted the underscores. It will also work with * and / markers.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #128
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I recently noticed a setting to do that in the Tools=>Options for MS Word 2003 -- I haven't tried it out yet, though. This web tool is great for those who don't know the power of the Dark Side ... er, I mean who avoid MacroHard products.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:37 AM   #129
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I recently noticed a setting to do that in the Tools=>Options for MS Word 2003 -- I haven't tried it out yet, though. This web tool is great for those who don't know the power of the Dark Side ... er, I mean who avoid MacroHard products.
I've tried using Word 2007's autoformat feature for that as well, but it didn't work... didn't recognize most of the instances.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #130
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Huh. Well, that makes me less optimistic about it, but I'll probably still give it a shot, when I get around to doing so, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:13 PM   #131
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Another question from n00b

My question will be about footers.

A book has the following structure:

Part I: Sun
Part II: Moon
Part III: Earth

All pages in Part I, chaper 1 will have a footer:
Part I: Sun. 1

however, chapter 2 will have a footer:

etc.

Is it possible to keep "Part I: Sun." across a whole Part I as a footer + chapter's number?
For example: in chapter 2 my footer should be:
Part I: Sun. 2 (instead of just: 2)

otherwise chapter 2 in Part I is indistinguishable from chapter 2 in Part II or III etc.

Thank you
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #132
aphil
Avid Reader
aphil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Great BD tutorial, Harry. But ... my version of BD (4.0) doesn't have a button for the Sony Reader format. Also, my dialog boxes are a bit different. Is your tut written for a higher version of BD? One of my workarounds has been to get files into rtf format, which seems to translate to the SR pretty well. The best translation so far, however, is still distilling from PageMaker 7 (laid out on a Sony-size page) to a .pdf.

Understandable but pretty irritating of Sony to (try to) tie us to their CONNECT service ... BAH HUMBUG! .......... AP in NC
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #133
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
Great BD tutorial, Harry. But ... my version of BD (4.0) doesn't have a button for the Sony Reader format. Also, my dialog boxes are a bit different. Is your tut written for a higher version of BD? One of my workarounds has been to get files into rtf format, which seems to translate to the SR pretty well. The best translation so far, however, is still distilling from PageMaker 7 (laid out on a Sony-size page) to a .pdf.

Understandable but pretty irritating of Sony to (try to) tie us to their CONNECT service ... BAH HUMBUG! .......... AP in NC
Your version of BD needs to be upgraded to the 07/30/2007 version found here... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11786 (post #41 I think).

Then you'll have the ability to directly make Sony Reader (LRF) files for your reading enjoyment.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #134
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
A book I'm working on has 4 or 5 small tables in it. Items in one column and dollar amounts in another, to the right of the first column. Any way of making BD keep them as arranged? Read through this whole thread and I don't see it discussed, though maybe it has somewhere else and I missed it.

Thanks.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #135
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
A book I'm working on has 4 or 5 small tables in it. Items in one column and dollar amounts in another, to the right of the first column. Any way of making BD keep them as arranged? Read through this whole thread and I don't see it discussed, though maybe it has somewhere else and I missed it.

Thanks.

Jim
On the Confuration menu, choose 'settings' and adjust them so that tables are preserved.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote