Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #1
PhunkyBob
Enthusiast
PhunkyBob doesn't litterPhunkyBob doesn't litter

Device: none
BenQ K60 nReader

Hi !

I'm new to eBooks.
I would like to buy a eBook reader soon, but I'm not in a hurry.

I want to wait for the most suited device.

The "matrix" on this site (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix) is a great tool to make comparison between all the devices.

I've just found that BenQ will sell a new eBooks reader : K60 nReader
Does anyone have informations on it ?

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/2961...r-ebook-reader

Quote:
The nReader K60 measures 175 x 122 x 11mm and it weighs in at a reasonably light 220 grams. It has a 6-inch touch screen electronic paper display that uses SiPix Microcup technology. The screen has a native resolution of 800 x 600 pixels with 167 dots per inch and it can display 16 grey scales

[...]

The nReader K60 features 2GB of built in memory (good for about 4000 books) and it has a microSD card slot that accepts memory cards up to 16GB in size. It also has a micro USB port and a full-size USB 2.0 port and a 3.5mm audio jack.

It supports a wide range of file formats, most notably ePub, PDF, TXT and HTML files as an eBook reader, but it also displays JPEG, BMP, GIF and PNG images and it plays back MP3 audio files.

Although the nReader K60 comes with built in 802.11b/g Wi-Fi, the secret sauce so to speak is actually the USB port at the top of the device

[...]

BenQ claims up to 7500 pages per charge
This is the kind of reader I'm looking for...
PhunkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Looks pretty generic to me. Wonder if their so-called "slightly different route" is the USB port and nothing else. Kinda just looks like a ripoff of the Sony Touch...

Oh...seems really slow still too. Too bad.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 11-18-2009 at 12:06 PM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
This is the first commercial use for Sipix MicroCup displays outside of shelf labels. This is the first product based on these new displays since Sipix was purchased by AUO earlier this year.

I'm amazed they were so close that the transition has been so quick. Of course their process for film making was already roll to roll so it was an easier step. This should help bring display prices down over all now that we have PVI AND LG AND AUO/Sipix making displays

Hooray for the consumer.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
This is the first commercial use for Sipix MicroCup displays outside of shelf labels. This is the first product based on these new displays since Sipix was purchased by AUO earlier this year.

I'm amazed they were so close that the transition has been so quick. Of course their process for film making was already roll to roll so it was an easier step. This should help bring display prices down over all now that we have PVI AND LG AND AUO/Sipix making displays

Hooray for the consumer.
Does this screen use a glass substrate like current eink devices or does it have a plastic one?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #5
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I assume that the one shown is glass but either can be used. They make their film in a roll to roll process and then it is laminated to the backpane. If flexible plastic backpanes are available it would be very easy to make the entire process roll to roll reducing costs even further.

http://www.sipix.com/technology/assembly.html
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
fujiwat0601
fujiwat0601 began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad Book Edition
Hello,

Where can I buy it? I am looking shopping web site for it.
fujiwat0601 is offline   Reply With Quote