Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #121
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Not 5000 posts about dragons, though.

Anyway, the first hatchling Jian Xin Xin adopted grew up very quickly, so she went out and found another egg to raise. Doesn't she look happy?

She's just born to be an adoptive mom, I guess.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #122
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I am sooo happy that I blocked the dragon site with ad block plug-in... that site is way to slow.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #123
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Meaning that having dragons in my sig line is slowing down MR for other people? Is it a problem?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #124
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Meaning that having dragons in my sig line is slowing down MR for other people? Is it a problem?

Not for me ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #125
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
I've not noticed it slowing things down for me either
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #126
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Well, if it becomes a problem, I hope people will let me know.

Meanwhile, those crazy saurians have been at it again, and I have another stone egg.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #127
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Got everyone to sit for a portrait, thought you might like to see:

Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 PM   #128
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Very nice - although it does look like some of them are trying to sneak/snake/swim off...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #129
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Got everyone to sit for a portrait, thought you might like to see:

That's a lot of dragons! You guys could take over the world! (or the lounge)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #130
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
That's one big family, lots of mouths to feed and also lots of bums to wipe ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #131
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
It was slowing it down for me. dragcave has no where near the reponse time or bandwidth that MR has. On threads that you and Ricky and some others that were using these I could see definite pauses waiting on that site.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #132
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Apparently the server has been having major problems for the past couple of days, too. Well, if blocking the site is working for you, I guess it's ok. If I get complaints, I will remove them.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #133
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
One thing I've noticed about this game is that you only need about 400 views total to hatch an egg. It won't hatch any faster if you have more views.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #134
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

The game isn't really very flexible overall. I'm still thinking about how I would design an alternative. "Alien Garden" is the current concept. You'd get "seeds" from the main site or from other people's gardens, put them in your own garden, and watch them develop and interact with other organisms in your garden over time, still using the ideas of views, unique views, and clicks. A single image would be generated for sig lines. I'm thinking about a genetic system that would involve fractal growth rules as well as color, texture, etc. and would allow for the emergence of "new" species.

And I have absolutely no time to work on this kind of project, of course.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #135
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

I'm just doodling around with the concept of "Alien Garden." Here are a couple of 3d fractals through several phases of growth, and an example of what their offspring might look like. My brother thinks they need faces (and maybe legs and tails) to be cute enough to appeal to a wide audience. I'm not so sure how to add that sort of feature without messing up the fractal look. Maybe as snails or turtles? What do you folks think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fractal_critters.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	24725