Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 06:23 PM   #301
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Thank you.
I am glad the bad eyes modifications are useful to some people. Thank you for dropping by.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #302
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is a minimal version for FW 4.4.9298. I am too busy now to make the full version. In this version there are only the followng patches:
  • keyboard sanskrit transliteration
  • allow search of extra language dictionaries
  • Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification
  • Dictionary (font chosen by software)
I admit that I did not test the patched libnickel file. I might be able to do more in two or three weeks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher16_4.4.9298_minimal.zip (477.8 KB, 183 views)
Old 05-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #303
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Thank you!
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #304
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
bad eyes Modifications for firmware 4.4.9349 ? or Simple instructions and tools for building it ourselves. Is this possible?.
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #305
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FWs 4.4.9298, 4.4.9344, 4.4.9349, 4.5.9587

For the purpose of the _plus version, cf. this post.

Last edited by tshering; 08-14-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #306
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
Thank you very much, tshering let's try it, it's my first bad eyes installation.
It seems to me a very important contribution.
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:02 AM   #307
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #308
FuriousPig
FuriousPig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you once again
FuriousPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:54 AM   #309
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I am glad the bad eyes modifications are useful to some people. Thank you for dropping by.
Immensely useful. Having just installed this, I can now read the Chinese and Japanese dictionaries without the need of reading glasses. What joy!!!

Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #310
MrCent
MrCent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 2012, Kobo Glo
4.5 please, mr. @tshering :d
MrCent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #311
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCent View Post
4.5 please, mr. @tshering :d
MrCent, you can use the patcher you find in post #305.
I would recommend that you download it anew, and rename the folder to something like KBPatcher16_4.5.9587 _inc30_plus. In any case, take care that you do not copy patched files of an older FW version to your device.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #312
FuriousPig
FuriousPig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Just updated to 4.5 with your patch & everything is fine. Just thought I would take the opportunity to thank you again.
FuriousPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:32 AM   #313
AxaRu
AxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enoughAxaRu will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2o, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Hi tshering.
Can You post source of patchit.exe?
I'll try to compile for linux.

Last edited by AxaRu; 10-03-2017 at 02:37 PM.
AxaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #314
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxaRu View Post
Hi tshering.
Can You post source of patchit.exe?
I'll try to compile for linux.
If this could be easily compiled for linux I would have already done it.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #315
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 4.4.9995

Same usage as usual. The keyboard patch is now very easy to create (see the spoiler).

Spoiler:
Code:
libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt
<patch>
name=keyboard 
note=replace characters in newpart with those that you want.
enabled=false
position=autodetect
action=replace_utf8chars_4
oldpart=߃7j£€^¡¿{|«»¢¥•°©…ýÿšžæœþijŀμªºàáâäãåèéêëìòùíóúôöõøîïûüñçđł
newpart=߃7j£€^¡¿{|«»¢¥•°©…ýÿšžæœþijŀμªºàáâäãåèéêëìòùíóúôöõøîïûüñçđł
combineparts
</patch>

Edit: Even though Kobo has now its own large scale mode, I will probably continue to provide bad eyes patches. One reason is that they contain also other things that are useful to me. Also with respect to readability, I still like some solutions of the bad eyes patch better than the one provided with the software. Cf. the image (from left to right, original - bad eyes - original large scale mode). The image is taken from FW 4.4.9960, but the results should be the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20171009_233854.png
Views:	355
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	159473  
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher17_4.4.9995.zip (532.6 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by tshering; 10-15-2017 at 04:27 PM.