Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #811
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I think we are going to need a new thread just about popcorn, and it's various ways to prepare.

Anyone buy a bottle of 'Chateau Neuf de Pop?"
It was selling for about $18 a bottle when I saw it 15 years ago in a gourmet shop. Ordinary wine bottle filled with popcorn, and a home-printed label. The shop owner said she had trouble keeping it stocked. I'll stick with Orville. I buy the 8lb bottle at Costco, and after opening, I take a damp paper towel and stick it inside the bottle to just slightly raise the moisture content inside the kernels. They pop up HUGE!!!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #812
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I think we are going to need a new thread just about popcorn, and it's various ways to prepare.

Anyone buy a bottle of 'Chateau Neuf de Pop?"
It was selling for about $18 a bottle when I saw it 15 years ago in a gourmet shop. Ordinary wine bottle filled with popcorn, and a home-printed label. The shop owner said she had trouble keeping it stocked. I'll stick with Orville. I buy the 8lb bottle at Costco, and after opening, I take a damp paper towel and stick it inside the bottle to just slightly raise the moisture content inside the kernels. They pop up HUGE!!!!

Stitchawl
Ha ha! I often drink "Châteauneuf-du-Pape", though it is a bit pricey. Never had the popping variety though.

Well that popcorn went down well, though I think I'm going to have to invest in the "proper" loose kernels and do some experimentation. Just off to the shops...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #813
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Orlok: Try yeast flakes. It sounds weird but it tastes good.

Maybe I will try one with olive oil.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #814
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Orlok: Try yeast flakes. It sounds weird but it tastes good.

Maybe I will try one with olive oil.
Sounds like the by-product of an unpleasant affliction (), but I'll have a look into it.

Currently in the process of destroying my diet with a Breakaway chocolate bar ("Only 99 Calories!").
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #815
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lapsoung with my Healthy Choice Baked Lasagna. Yummy
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #816
orlok
Close to the Edit!

I'm listening to Pork & Beans by Weezer, and guess what I fancy eating now!!!??? Can't win .
Old 01-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #817
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

So I read about this app and downloaded it. It is free and has some nice workouts that you can do at home. Nike Training c something. It looks good. Take a look
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #818
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Pork & Beans make me laugh. One piece of pork. I always thought it was some kind of joke.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #819
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For all of us...

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ugly1.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	100575  
Old 02-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #820
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My weight is still around 73kg. Well, OK, a little bit above 73kg. Time to apply myself to the diet once more, and stop snacking.

I'm now aiming to get down to 68kg by the end of the year. It should be easily achievable.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #821
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I just found a great way to stop snacking & lose weight - get a root canal!

Wait, wait, even better - have the root canal fail & have a molar extracted!

After over a week on soft foods, you don't even get hungry any more!

[You just have endless dreams of food that crunches .... ]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #822
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I just found a great way to stop snacking & lose weight - get a root canal!

Wait, wait, even better - have the root canal fail & have a molar extracted!

After over a week on soft foods, you don't even get hungry any more!

[You just have endless dreams of food that crunches .... ]

I hope that you feel better soon!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #823
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post

I hope that you feel better soon!
Improving now - able to eat soft solid food - waiting for the socket to heal & seal over.

No nachos for the Super Bowl!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:10 AM   #824
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Improving now - able to eat soft solid food - waiting for the socket to heal & seal over.

No nachos for the Super Bowl!
That's lousy. Can't you put them in a blender...?

I'm stuck at just under 12 Stone / 75Kg, which was my original target, but would like to lose another 2 - 3 Kg and settle there. I'm still doing the 5:2 (or 6:1 sometimes) fasting, but it just seems to allow me to maintain, so I may have to get back to a full on diet again for a few weeks.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #825
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm hanging right at 79k. Still not eating 'big' meals... trying to keep the calories below 1200 instead of the 900 when I was working at it. Only taking long walks every other day or so, but really pushing when we walk. I'm comfortable at this weight, but wouldn't mind dropping another 3-4kg. In March I'm going to start a regimen of muscle building to get in better shape for our move back into the jungle in June/July.

Stitchawl