Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Coach88
Coach88 began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Playbook Kobo
imported to Vox but not in Library on other device?

I imported an EPUB successfully on the Vox. However, when i log onto another device, it doesn't show up in my library. In fact, the only book that i see in the Kobo App for Playbook Library is the Kobo Vox user guide but it shows up as a preview only. After a few pages, it shows the message that i have to purchase the book to continue reading.
Coach88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The only material that will sync between different devices in the Kobo applications are books bought from Kobo and directly loaded via the applications; so what we commonly call kEpub's as opposed to ePubs.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
You can use Dropbox to manually load your books on all your devices.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Coach88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The only material that will sync between different devices in the Kobo applications are books bought from Kobo and directly loaded via the applications; so what we commonly call kEpub's as opposed to ePubs.
If i understand correctly... If i purchase a book via any kobo app ( playbook, vox, desktop, kobo website) i will be able to see it where ever i log on to my kobo account. How am i doing so far?

Now what if i go to a website like Chapters-Indigo? I noticed that on their site, when i search for e-books, they always (i think) are displayed with a kobo sidebar... I did notice too that some of the same title sell for different prices. I looked at both versions and noticed that one version seems to be compatible with more e-readers than the other. How can i be sure that i will be able to open in the Vox or playbook.

Can i purchase from other sites? I-tunes?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
Coach88

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I have an app on the Playbook called Box... Is that the same thing?

So... If i didn't purchase from kobo directly, i have to import it on the different devices seperatly? You mentionned dropbox but caliber and ADE would work too right? How about i-tunes?

I appreciate all feedback! Thanks!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
Coach88

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I have an app on the Playbook called Box... Is that the same thing?

So... If i didn't purchase from kobo directly, i have to import it on the different devices seperatly? You mentionned dropbox but caliber and ADE would work too right? How about i-tunes?

I appreciate all feedback! Thanks!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
Coach88

Changed to instant notification...

Tags
kobo, playbook