Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 03:01 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It was directed at you, but it was more a question plus some guesses based on what I expected the question to be. Your post does add something.

My guess is that the OP has:
  • Created one or more views.
  • Used a view for a while.
  • Either:
    • Selected a startup view.
    • Didn't select a startup view in which case the last used view is used.
Both would mean that View Manager would set the view and hence the displayed columns when calibre started. And that would mean that the new column would disappear from the column list whenever calibre was restarted.

From the sounds of it, the OP should uninstall View Manager. Or disable it until they are ready to use it properly. At the least, temporarily disable it to prove if this is the cause of the problem.
OK - I have absolutely no doubt that the VM is the reason the newly selected column is not being displayed after a restart - shorter odds than Winx in her next race.

I don't like programs that restart in the shambles I left them, so my initial reason for installing the PI was to overcome that behaviour in calibre (I know there are tweaks that go some way to addressing this issue, but they are not effective if you have several libraries with widely variant custom columns as I do), so initially I had one view per library - Default, which I set as the Starting view. Perhaps the OP had a similar motive - i.e. set and forget.

I actually take advantage of the fact that changes are not restored. I can change which columns, which order, sorting etc with impunity - then select current view (or a simple Ctrl/R) to get back to taws.

The plugin cannot be disabled.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-20-2017 at 03:06 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:40 AM   #17
Margot1975
Margot1975 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
YESSS!
Thank you all!
Making changes in the VM PI did the trick!

Margot1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 AM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margot1975 View Post
YESSS!
Thank you all!
Making changes in the VM PI did the trick!

I always thought it would

You wrote somewhere

Quote:
I don't know how to enter the command line to start Calibre without PI.
Simple way, with calibre closed down, press Winkey+R, enter "calibre.exe --ignore-plugins" into the Run box, press enter.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote