Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
Verlander
Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Kindle Paperwhite 5.8.2.1 - Custom Screensavers

Hi All. Long time no Kindle..... so long time no see!

After a long gap, using a tablet for ebook reading, I've just taken delivery of my third Kindle. On previous Kindles I've always modified them to accept custom screensavers.

I'd like to do the same for the new device which runs 5.8.2.1 O/S. I have browsed the forum but it looks to me it isn't going to be as simple as before. (Perhaps I've missed something).

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Is there a thread on here which will tell me how to install custom screensavers? (That's all I want to do, absolutely nothing else).

Obviously I want to be able to do it safely and hassle-free. Thanks.
Verlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That would be a question you'd need to ask in the development forum, not here. We only deal with the standard Kindle firmware here. Would you like me to move your post there?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
The answer is in developers. Have Harry move this and I will link you to the correct thread.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #4
Verlander
Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Verlander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That would be a question you'd need to ask in the development forum, not here. We only deal with the standard Kindle firmware here. Would you like me to move your post there?
Yes, please do.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Now moved.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlander View Post
Hi All. Long time no Kindle..... so long time no see!

After a long gap, using a tablet for ebook reading, I've just taken delivery of my third Kindle. On previous Kindles I've always modified them to accept custom screensavers.

I'd like to do the same for the new device which runs 5.8.2.1 O/S. I have browsed the forum but it looks to me it isn't going to be as simple as before. (Perhaps I've missed something).

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Is there a thread on here which will tell me how to install custom screensavers? (That's all I want to do, absolutely nothing else).

Obviously I want to be able to do it safely and hassle-free. Thanks.
"hassle free" is subjective.
You will have to quantify what YOU mean by the term before anyone can consider the limits you wish to express.

Jail break the device (before it updates to 5.8.8) -
Get your ss package from NiLuJe's snapshots thread.

The ss installation has remained essentially the same, like in forever.
Although there are more options now, it also provides KUAL menu entries for their control.

Also: ss still does not work (by design) on Special Offers devices.

= = = =

Most likely, what you have missed is setting the index filter to the prefix: "Tools" and then clicking on the "show threads" button.
Do that, and the threads you need will be rather obvious (at the moment 1st and 5th).

Last edited by knc1; 03-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Go here:
Look at the table and make sure your serial number and firmware match.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=275877
Read all steps including the spoilers. Do each step. Do not skip anything.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
Verlander

Thanks guys.